• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Missing Wires, Very Odd

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive noticed as Ive been putting all my loom back place aroundf the bay, I dont seem to have wires for the driving lights. Ive hacked a couple of wires off but these were definatley for the side repeaters as the wires had been badly bodged previously. Correct me if Im wrong but the driving light connectors should be on the same loom as the rest of the lights right? what colour are the connectors?

do they run off high beam? cant say Ive ever used mine and TBH not sure if Im going to bother putting the lights back in but would rather the wire is there now while access is easy.

futura
Ive noticed as Ive been putting all my loom back place aroundf the bay, I dont seem to have wires for the driving lights. Ive hacked a couple of wires off but these were definatley for the side repeaters as the wires had been badly bodged previously. Correct me if Im wrong but the driving light connectors should be on the same loom as the rest of the lights right? what colour are the connectors?

do they run off high beam? cant say Ive ever used mine and TBH not sure if Im going to bother putting the lights back in but would rather the wire is there now while access is easy.

I think the connectors are yellow. The wires to the driving lights are actually extensions of the rest of the lights loom and are connected to it via a connector/plug behind the head lamps/indicators, so they are easy to remove.

Yours just seem to have been removed and lost! :lol:

Edited by futura

Richie-Van-GTi

I know there was wires coming up from the lamps when I removed the bumper but again they were badly bodged to something else, its that something else Ive disposed off, but I know it wont of had connectors on or I would of kept it.

Does this yellow plug connect to the headlamps and runs off high beam or does it connect up at switch end? Guessing I could connect them back to high beam if I refit them.

scumbag

With regards to this, should the fogs switch on with the fog switch on the dash (phase 1.5) near the hazard button. Or do they come on automatically with high beam / low beam etc? Cheers

welshpug

they are driving lamps, hence not working on the FOG switch :D

Sign in to follow this