• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zander205

Starting Problem

zander205

when i go to start my xs i get this really loud gear grindind noise, checked the teeth of the fly wheel but they are ok check the starting motor but they are ok can it be that the solnoid on the starting motor is faulty and causing the starting motor to make that noise?

need help asap

Faz85
when i go to start my xs i get this really loud gear grindind noise, checked the teeth of the fly wheel but they are ok check the starting motor but they are ok can it be that the solnoid on the starting motor is faulty and causing the starting motor to make that noise?

need help asap

It could be that the starter motor is staying in the engaged position, after you fire it up. This would cause a grinding noise as the pinion gear grinds on the flywheel. Im not sure if there is a servicable fix, other than replacing it. someone will surely correct me if im wrong :)

Faraz

Grahamrally

Just check that the dowel is there for the starter motor to sit in the right place. If it's not the starter will shift and creates a really nasty noise, like teeth are missing from the flywheel.

Guest smokinslim

If it is the starter it might just be a case that the solenoid needs taking apart and re-greasing, or at worst replacing. I've a brand new starter going spare but it's for the pre-Tu engine.

steve@cornwall
Just check that the dowel is there for the starter motor to sit in the right place. If it's not the starter will shift and creates a really nasty noise, like teeth are missing from the flywheel.

I second this!- mine had no dowel when I replaced the starter (unnecessarily) last week.Try loosening the bolts,levering from behind the starter and re-tightening.

Sign in to follow this