• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SweetBadger

Ebay Re-mapped Ecu Chip.

SweetBadger

I know it best to stay clear of ebay ecu 'go faster chips' but for just changing the rev limit one of these might be useful...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-309-GTI-16-4...1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone tried one?

I wouldn't expect an increase in performance on a standard engine but for people with cams on standard management it might release a few extra horses with the upped rev limit...

Edited by SweetBadger

Baz

It's pretty much just a case of changing the resistance values in the circuit, to open up the rev limit anyway, it's just knowing what the 2 points are to change and what resistance to change it to to give the desired effect. Was talking about this with SuperJosh at Eurofest, reminded me to get in touch, ta!! :P

As you say though, i would be a bit dubious of those ebay chips.

Edited by BazGTMi

SweetBadger
It's pretty much just a case of changing the resistance values in the circuit, to open up the rev limit anyway, it's just knowing what the 2 points are to change and what resistance to change it to to give the desired effect. Was talking about this with SuperJosh at Eurofest, reminded me to get in touch, ta!! :P

As you say though, i would be a bit dubious of those ebay chips.

I think you can only mod the older analogue Jetronic ecus in this way, I should have said in the first post I was thinking about the ML4.1/M1.3 for MIs running standard management where as far as I know the rev limit is controlled by the data stored in the chip itself so you have to re-program it to change the limit.

stu_woac

for the price it wouldnt be a bad buy, all they have done is cloned a superchip or slimular for the gti lump and selling it cheap, I would of done this but never got my hands on a proper chip to clone to start me off

Jasper205GTI

I just ordered a chip for my S16, which is still not running lol so the chip wont make much difference for now ;)

welshpug

the thing is that these chips will still have the standard maps for a standard engine will they not?

so on a modified engine they would run the engine rather lean, negating the benefit of raising the limit!

Sign in to follow this