205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

Natasha

Insurance Companies

BlueBolt

Old thread but I've only just seen it after searching last night for insurance advise on here...

After Footman James quoted me the other day u thought I'd call HIC for their input... Blown me away!!!

£565 on 8000miles fully comp with like for like, agreed valuation, all points and prangs declared!! Ok so I'm just turned 30, but with all the modifications declared on the car I'm very happy with that!!

FJ quoted me 550 for 6000miles on a classic policy, this one is a standard policy meaning I get to keep adding more years to my NCD too!!

They wanted well over a grand for 8000 miles, it cost me 35 extra per year to go from 6 to 8 with HIC...

Thank you Forum members for the advice given through the old threads :)

Edited by BlueBolt

TRMB84GTI

Hey guys please can someone tell where I can get insurance for my car that is off the road that does NOT need to be garaged at the same time. My usual guys FJ said they will not do it for me unless the car is garaged. It is kept on my drive under a car port, this is no good? Any help will be much appreciated

samthornton1990

I haven't read all this thread but...

Competition Car Insurance is pretty good..... You insure the car under a set of 'regs' as it would be and then it's a fixed price as long as the mods are within the sports regulations.

Like I'm insured under road rally rules and I have unlimited mods providing it's within the regs :)

And engine size only changes it a bit, for me to have it down with the 1.9 is an extra £100 but for that I could have had any engine between a 1.7 and a 2.1 :)

tony55781

I found that Aviva were really reasonable, actually less to insure my 205 1.9 gti than my 306 td!

dave205

Not sure if any of you do but i dont want to keep my gti insured all year, has anybody or does anybody know of any insurance companies that do 3-6 month policies or similair?

calvinhorse

Footman James won't insure cars with cages and are pretty snotty on the phone

Sky Insurance have just insured me with all mods declared including cage and weber carbs for a pretty good price

• Like 1

1 FAT PUG

yea sky insurance is good, i always have a chat to ollie think his name is who used to have a turbo technics

Dangerous Dave

Hi guys/girls

I'm new here but thought I might add my bit to the list..

I'm with footman james, I have a multi car policy with them on 3 classic car (1 with mods) limited miles on all 3 and they don't take nc in to account..

They also cover track days £60 for 1 day or £120 for 3 days

All in I pay £312. I'm 28 an two of the cars are jap imports and over 300bhp.

Dave

calvinhorse

They insure you for trackdays but not with a rollcage! Wtf!

• Like 1

Dangerous Dave

My nissan has a cage in it an they cover it?

I've been with them for a few years an they have always been good with me.

calvinhorse

Hmmmmm smells fishy

• Like 1

Dangerous Dave

I will try dig out my policy today.

I know it came something like this

Nissan pulsar (not modified)

Nissan pulsar ( modified )

205 gti ( not modified )

I know of another lad that has a cage in his as well an he was tge one that put me on to them.

calvinhorse

Dirty rat bastards, they probably didn't like the sound of my voice!

I got an equally good deal through SKY with the cage.

• Like 1

Dangerous Dave

Haha.

How long ago did you get the quote?

I know they have only just started insuring for track days these last few months.

My insurance was due a few months back before I went to nurbergring GP track.

calvinhorse

July I think.. So that would make perfect sense :)

• Like 1

barneys66

I'd like to recommence RH Insurance - all mods declared including roll cage, seats/harnesses, suspension, engine work, etc, etc.

RH insist on garaged vehicles and my policy is limited to 5,000 miles a year, but includes breakdown (including cover for Europe) - all for £159.

I tried ringing around this year and no one could come close. Great to deal with to.

barneys66

Just renewed with RH - had to declare a few changes this year, notably some valuation increases, separation from wife (i.e. removing her as a named driver), and the accident I had when Blind Pugh pulled out in front of me, which went as single-vehicle at fault as I managed to miss him by 1mm and write my car off in the process..

Good old RH brought all that in at the same price as last year. Brilliant !!

forbeslongden

Does anyone else get a massive gulf in prices when doing an insurance quote on a 205?! GTI either 1.9 / 1.6 are cheap as chips to insure for me as would a CTi but Jesus Christ, I can't even touch the insurance on a Gentry which is coming out at £600 per year! I also find the diesel and basic 1.1 models an absolute sod to insure too. Anyone know what the hell is happening here? I mean, anything above £300 per year is bloody excessive for what is an old car.