205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

Natasha

Insurance Companies

boombang

On topic with this, my 309 hopefully will be on the road within a few weeks so I gave HIC a quick call to get an up to date quote.

Last time I called in April they wanted £400 or so.

All thats happened since is I turned 25.

Now the quote is £246.09 with agreed value, salvage, track cover, 3rd party other cars.

Can't believe it!

kate205gti

ooh thats good :D the salvage thing they give is good too - basically means u can keep ur car if it ever gets written off :P

James_R

Track cover as far as I know means you get £500 excess on thrid party damage i.e armco

boombang

Tried a few others - was offered fully comp at £288 from Firebond but they want a cat 2 immobiliser (not a good idea on a competition car IMHO).

Will be calling them when its ready to get out on the road and trying to get a few £ more off before taking up the policy!

After the way they treated me last time I was insured I decided never to use them again (stung hugely when swapped cars over, then when swapped back had to pay again!) but with it so cheap may as well.

kate205gti

ahh bugger - just phoned HIC about the track cover and its a £2000 excess for any damage!!! :D (own damage or TP damage), goes down to £1000 if you can proove previous track experience (which i can) but i dont have a spare £1k kicking about for every time i go on track :D

phoned firebond and they dont cover track cover at all (didnt even know what it was lol "is that like off-roading?" urmm.. ideally not :P)

boldy205

hmmm £2K!! thats a bit crap. does anyone know of a company that just does track cover, as in you just pay X ammount per track day?

Baz

Anyone got the number handy for HiC? Kitty??

cybernck

people don't forget to quote 205gtidrivers.com to get a discount with HIC!

phone number is on the main page of http://www.205gtidrivers.com

jackherer
people don't forget to quote 205gtidrivers.com to get a discount with HIC!

phone number is on the main page of http://www.205gtidrivers.com

I've tried that several times now with HIC and they just say something like that discount category is already applied so it makes no difference.

kate205gti

yup did that nick :)

baz number is 08451 290 290 :lol: i phoned greenlight too who said they wont cover castle combe (coz of the number of claims there lol!) but put me onto www.moris.co.uk - just waiting for a quote back from them :o

Baz

Thanks moo!! :lol:

Super Josh

I was on the 'phone to HIC a couple of days ago. One thing that I didn't realise, if you go over your claimed annual mileage( I assume only if you need to claim as they wouldn't have a clue otherwise :) ) then they 'Fine' you 400 pounds Yikes :lol:

Josh

kate205gti

doh! better unplug that speedo then - mines still reading 20mph over :lol:

moris have quote £85 for the day for track cover with a £600 excess so slightly better, will look into it a bit more before next track day thou i think!

just read the HIC exclusions and they dont cover tp liablilty, and neither do moris:

Principle Exclusions: Competitive driving, mechanical breakdown, consumable items, transportation costs or any third party liability.

so if u blow a tyre or something and write off a £30k elise ur not covered!!! :)

Edited by kate205gti

Andy_C

Kate,

Have a look at this thread http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=64192 where there's a load of stuff about TP trackday cover. Basically, if people have the ability to claim against each other (as opposed to arranging their own cover for their car) then the trackday industry won't be around for very long once the solicitors start forming an orderly queue :lol:

And for those who mentioned salvage retention - check with whoever's offer you this as many salvage clauses won't apply if the car's a category A or B write-off due to ABI guidelines on the destruction of damaged vehicles which are unsafe to out back on the road under any circumstances :lol:

HTH

Simes
Need you really ask... HIC :lol:

I've been with HIC for a year, they've just quoted me £538 - I've just spoken to Flux who can do it for £420.

Faz85

Hi All,

I recommend Virgin Money for car insurance...

I'm 21 with 0 no claims bonus and my 1.9 is insured for £550 (TPFT) which i think is quite good. Plus, they dont charge any interest for paying monthly, which was the deciding factor for me!

Regards

Faraz

p.s Ben...ever thought of insuring it in a parents name, and being insured as named driver?

boombang

HIC just smashed out the water by AON!

What a delight to speak to an insurer who not only understand what you use cars for and the modifications, but is interested in your background and uses it to improve prices.

For a full MSA stage rally spec 309 Gti with everything declared, agreed value, 5k miles a year, and £250 excess...

£254.57 fully comprehensive.

I am 25, have a history of driving Peugeot Gti's, car will be garaged.

Now its not the cheapest quote I had but I have heard great things and so impressed with the level of professionalism from their agent Marcus Whatmore.

He asked about previous driving experience, involvement with car clubs, events, rallying.

They offer track cover included for those over 30 but as I have some track experience they will consider it (circuit I visit dependant) if I can provide evidence of previous experience - there is no certainty in them providing cover but it is worth trying.

I have no idea how good they would be on newer cars and younger drivers, but those of you with 205's, 309's, 405's who are mid 20's and older I would strongly recommend to give Marcus a call ;)

01384 552650

Andy_C

Need to be VERY careful what I say here mate but I have *quite* a bit of experience of Aon and I have to say their claims service could be better. As they employed me for over a decade, I'm not prepared to go into any detail anywhere public, sorry :D

boombang

A nice PM may be in order. On the basis of past experience with HIC I'd much rather go elsewhere - if something goes wrong they are really that bad in my experience, just being cheap its no such an issue and just have to hope no problems.

WildCards

Bell are useless at paying out if my recent experience is anything to go by. I've 8 weeks of arguing and only today have I accepted the settlement. They evetually doubled their offer, but it's been like pulling teeth. I would never use them or Admiral (parent company) again.

Matt Holley

Would it be possible for people to put up companys that will include track cover aswell <_<

Jer309GTi

I'm with HIC, and I have some kind of track cover included, although I haven't read the small print to see what it covers yet

boombang

For those who are with Bell, Admiral, Elephant, Diamond etc:

On 21st December I received a letter stating my policy had been cancelled with effect from 16/12, which had been sent on 19/12. Then told to send back certificate.

A phone call to Bell discovered they had no idea why it was cancelled. The lad looked through the notes on my file, and found no record of me requesting cancellation.

It seems they also "refunded" the rest of the premium bar the huge cancellation fees, but to a credit card.

After a 20 minute phone call (19 minutes on hold), the policy was put back into place and they took exactly the same amount back they had refunded.

Since then I have received a confirmation letter (stating incorrect dates according to their other letter) that the policy is to be "restarted" and a new certificate, but no explanation.

So basically they cancelled the policy leaving my to drive illegally and at huge risk, cannot give me a reason why it was cancelled, store all my credit card details which they use without consent and have made no offer of a pro-rata rebate for the uninsured time.

I have since sent a recorded delivery letter outlining my complaint and actions I expect them to take - if I have no joy I am fully prepared to go through the financial ombudsman as it is a simple case.

I wondered if this was a one off, but a friend of mine was with Admiral, and one month he noticed £200 extra in his bank which turned out to be a payment from Admiral - when he contacted them it turned out they had cancelled his policy, so I consider myself lucky I got a letter.

Another of my friends was with Admiral, cancelled his policy as changed cars and insured himself elsewhere as Admiral wanted alot to swap the policy over. A few months later he was refused cash from a machine and was over his overdraft limit. Admiral had issued a renewal on the policy cancelled the few months previous, and automatically took the funds!

Needless to say I would rather rub my balls with a wire brush then dip them in petrol than use any of the Admiral group of companies again.

Edited by boombang

Matt Holley
I'm with HIC, and I have some kind of track cover included, although I haven't read the small print to see what it covers yet

Anyone else got track cover on there insurance?