• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

cybernck

The Definitive Weights Thread

welshpug

V6 Lightened flywheel as mentioned above ended up at 7.1 Kilos courtesy of one of Andy Gwynne's contacts :(

Majority of weight taken from outer edge whilst maintaining a decent thickness (10mm min) and no sharp radii.

brumster

Weighed the car on proper corner weight scales; 910Kg all-in. Don't have the splits handy, but that is :-

1.6 non-sunny gti shell, welded-in 6pt cage, additional strengthening plates in various places, seam welded, iron-block S16 (trimmed engine mount; TB's), 5sp box, carbon bonnet, stripped interior but standard dash, lightened bootlid, spare wheel, 1/4 tank fuel, plus all the related stage safety gear (two extinguishers, swirl pot, etc). Sump guard was off it at the time, and no bodies in it either.

JRL

I have started stripping the rear of my car, i am keeping everything in the cock pit . I will be weighing all the parts after they are out: Have a guess how much it all totals up to and i will let you know this week...

Spare wheel

wheel cage.

boot tray

boot mat

boot underlay

rear seat belts

rear seats

rear inner wing carpet.

rear grab handles

trim around the windows

rear speaker cover trims

seat brackets

loads of screws

parcel shelf

this has all piled up to a mountain in my garage. I reckon it will weigh 20 -25kg?????

badj
I have started stripping the rear of my car, i am keeping everything in the cock pit . I will be weighing all the parts after they are out: Have a guess how much it all totals up to and i will let you know this week...

Spare wheel

wheel cage.

boot tray

boot mat

boot underlay

rear seat belts

rear seats

rear inner wing carpet.

rear grab handles

trim around the windows

rear speaker cover trims

seat brackets

loads of screws

parcel shelf

this has all piled up to a mountain in my garage. I reckon it will weigh 20 -25kg?????

I'd guess at more 30-35kg, assuming the spare will weigh near 20 on its own. all the little bits add up. <_<

Paul_13

My floor and bulkhead underlay weighed at least 20-25kg by itself, might of been a tad wet!

JRL

Thats brilliant cant wait to weigh them i hope your are right and it is more.

badj

'91 1.1 carby Trio S

Sun roof model

SMR pepperpots

No carpet/underlay

Rear Seats & Shelf removed

Still with some junk in the car, £10 of fuel, spare wheel still on etc.

Image000-2.jpg

Which ain't bad IMO :huh:

JRL

mate that is brilliant people consider a sub 1000kg car light but a 700kg car is feather light. I have stripped the rear of mine leaving the cockpit as standard I have not driven it yet but today I cleaning it inside I leant on the rear panel and it rolled forward so effortlessly

badj
mate that is brilliant people consider a sub 1000kg car light but a 700kg car is feather light. I have stripped the rear of mine leaving the cockpit as standard I have not driven it yet but today I cleaning it inside I leant on the rear panel and it rolled forward so effortlessly

I still have some removing to do, and could still replace the glass and swap for glassfibre bonnet and hatch, seats that would be lighter than standard (not hard) etc. but i still have bits to put on, including the engine.

I'm hoping I could get the weight to 800kg with a 1.6 8v in it. if that were the case, then it would have the same power/weight ratio as an E36 BMW 328i. in theory anyway... which would be nice.

JRL

yep power to weight gaining and saving is quite addictive dont you think? I am going to take my bits down to the scrappy and weigh them. I have a smart roadster coupe fanstastic little car i use everyday handles really well better than any pug i have owned it weighs 800kg or less the engine weighs less than me but kicks out 101 bhp and still gives me 50+ mpg.

welshpug

XU10J4R cylinder head complete, inc cams + Pulleys, alloy cam covers, no thermostat housing, 26 kilos.

XU7JP4 (LFY) 8 counterbalance crankshaft, bare, 13.5 kilos.

BBM Solid rubber XU bottom mount bush 466g.

XU7JP4/10J4R standard cast iron 4-2 exhaust manifold, inc fire ring, 6.25kg.

XU9J2 flat top piston, 398g.

XU9J2 gudgeon pin, 129g.

XU7JP4 piston, 332g.

XU9J4 D6C piston, 362g

hexhamstu

anyone know the weight of a rear beam?

welshpug

alf a feking ton!

complete? discs or drums? dampers inc?

ifcho

anybody know the weights of mi16 and DFZ rods?

hexhamstu

Complete 205 1.9 beam with no brakes, with or without shocks.

welshpug

Stu, I found earlier on 306gti6.com that a 306 beam packaged on a pallet is about 65, a 205 beam wont weigh a massive amount less.

hexhamstu

Thanks mei!

Batfink
'91 1.1 carby Trio S

Sun roof model

SMR pepperpots

No carpet/underlay

Rear Seats & Shelf removed

Still with some junk in the car, £10 of fuel, spare wheel still on etc.

Image000-2.jpg

Which ain't bad IMO :)

No wonder the tu engined 205s handle well look at the balance left and right!

We got a rallye to 750kg with driver with polycarbonate windows, a fibreglass bonnet and the car gutted of anything that could be unbolted or ripped off..

swordfish210
We got a rallye to 750kg with driver with polycarbonate windows, a fibreglass bonnet and the car gutted of anything that could be unbolted or ripped off..

750kg is my target for the XT, it's going to be hard with the big brakes and the passenger seat though

Cameron

Did some weighing today, on some scales accurate to 0.1 grammes! I've rounded them to the nearest gramme. :)

1.9 GTI Girling front calliper (with pads): 4.245kg

1.9 GTI Brembo grooved disc: 4.192kg

309 GTI front upright, hub & wheel bearing: 5.782kg

S2 106 Rallye steel wheel with Yoko A048: 14.347kg

(185 / 55 / 14)

AP Racing Lotus 2 pot calliper: 1.898kg :D

And then weighed my exhaust system:

Shortened downpipe: 1.412kg

2.5" inter pipe: 2.260kg

5.5" x 10" oval x 500mm back box (2.5"): 7.908kg

Total system weight: 11.58kg

RossD

Fantastic weight on the 1.1 base model above - I'm going to try and get mine weighed sometime as I know someone with some proper corner weight scales.... Would be excellent to be sub-800kg :P

franus

You can sum up how much I weigh engine 1.9 8V, 1.9 16V (aluminum), 1.9 16V (iron) and 2.0 16V? thx

Sobaru'

So is anybody using the C5 lightweight rims with success and are they easy to find? Could you fit 205/50 tyers on these rims? Are steel rims from a 307 or a 406 any lighter then the standard speedlines?

swordfish210
So is anybody using the C5 lightweight rims with success and are they easy to find? Could you fit 205/50 tyers on these rims? Are steel rims from a 307 or a 406 any lighter then the standard speedlines?

I'm using them, i bought them new from Citroen. I much prefer them to the standard speedline wheels, the car feels great when i'm using them.

Spiky

got 12 of them, nice and light :lol:

cant see 205 being a problem, i'm about to put some 205's on mine :D