205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

Ebay Links In General Forum

cybernck

i was going to do something about it recently when the general section was getting

stuffed with ebay links of all sorts but it calmed down a bit. now this issue is being

raised again and i'm happy to say that these are banned now and should be placed

(or moved) to offtopics, where they belong to really, as it's usuall some crap cars

being posted and then people making fun of it...

the same goes for all the other websites and webpages that fit the description above.

if anyone disagrees, let me know.

pugboyracer

What if its a genuinely interesting car being linked to? Surely that belongs in General Car chat?

richard

i think all Ebay links should be in offtopics. a good proportion of the time they are for there for amusement.

If its a genuinely interesting car then i assume the user will have used their brain and already have it advertised here anyway!

cybernck

let's remind ourselves of this rule, shall we? :D

Guest bernieslaven
let's remind ourselves of this rule, shall we? :D

Cheers for the pointer mate- I`ll not be doing that again!

Though it wasn't an amusing motor- it was the one i bought, and had put it there just to let anyone who was interested know a bit about the car rather than copy and paste the info into my already quite long post.

You live and learn eh? lol

:(

cybernck

another reminder! ;)

cybernck

and another reminder!

ebay links are confined to off-topics (and for sale, providing they're your items).

cybernck

another reminder!

Ebay auctions get deactivated way before topics get deleted from General Car Chat,

so they just end up clogging this sub-forum and are of no real value to begin with.

ilovemypug

could there be a section called ebay...

twoker1986

well if u could put ebay links on here pepole would just sign up and put stuff for sale via the links better they have to get to 30 post firsts then u noi they are acceptable

jazzturnbull

Readin through i am new so will ask so dumb questions im sure.

Not wanting to place things in the wrong place and get people angry, i have seen a car an EBay and have questions about it and also if people are familier with the car. Were would i go to place this message as it would have a link.

Cheers

matt

Baz

ebay links are confined to off-topics (and for sale, providing they're your items).

GLPoomobile

Jazzturnbull won't have access to Natasha's Off Topics section as he's still Passenger status.

You can't put eBay links in General Car Chat (well you can, you just aren't supposed to, but nobody bothers about the rules these days), but you can still post a topic asking for advice about the car. Just state what the eBay listing number is, and then we can find it ourselves.

Edited by GLPoomobile