• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zeolite

Spax

zeolite

Got a set of Spax adjustables for not much money. What is the opinion on them?

nick

I've got the Spax non-adjustables on mine, and it handles just fine for fast road use.

Most people say avoid Spax on the 205, but I'm happy with my set up.

Nick

NOsMAN

Hate it ,got them on my new project(205 gti) ....might even change them back for originals... much prefer the konis on my Mi205

Wurzel
BALLBAG!

What exactly do you mean by that???

Edited by Big Nick

hd_andy
BALLBAG!

Can you try to be a bit more informative in your posts, if you have bad experiences lets hear them but comments like that are not helping anybody.

Cheers

Andy

EDIT: Beaten to it, nice one Nick!

Edited by hd_andy

Benito

Yeah, I've used SPAX suspension on a few cars before, and was pretty impressed with what it did for the handling of the car!

I like the fact that it's an English company, who tests their products on British roads, unlike Blistein and Koni, who both produce very good quality products, but test there products on German roads.

Are Spax products not too good to use on 205's? :)

huxley309

usually koni or bilsteins are best for pugs...spax from what ive heard can be too harsh

Dave

Ive got spax on mine and am very happy.

I have had them on previous cars too without problems.

Guest miami16

got fairly new spax adjustables on my mi 16, to be quite honest they r crap, a harsh ride on the softest setting ,changing to bilsteins very soon seems like the shocks cant keep up, very bouncy on b roads

Miles

I won;t go too far into the design of Dampers, But most of the cheap options use twin tube technolgy which is basicly a cheap way of doing it, But Dampers that use a single tube as such are much better but you gain in the overall price. Another giveaway is companies saying 'Supension' are the cheap option.

pug_ham
BALLBAG!

PM sent asking for a reason.

Itchy warn finger. :unsure:

Graham.<_<

NickR

Spax handled good, rode crap (adjustables). feel/balance Crap on bumpy roads (twisty), fine on smooth ones.

Prefered the previous setup which was std dampers lowered on eibach springs.

Guest breakz187

They are crap(ballbag!!) IMO.<_<

nah, really, the ride was awful and the adjusters broke without even mistreating them.

My overall impression of them were cheap, badly designed pieces of sh|t. I would never buy them again. MAybe the non adjustables are ok but id just leave their whole range to the max power poofs!!!

Shibby!

I aint too sure bout spax i heard they were too hard. and would just shake s*it out the car basicaly loosen the top mounts or break them. this is what i heard. so i bought the g max 50mm one. and have no complaints what so ever. cant recommend them enough. not too stiff. and the handling has immproved greatly. i dont know about spax or koni or whatever else. just know that my g max does the trick. thats my 2p worth

Wicker man

ive got spax -40mm VSX fixed rate kit on my 1990 GTI cant say a bad word abot them really ive used spax stuff for some years without a problem. i find the billy fixed rate stuff is far far to hard had them on my old nova GTE & used to rattle my brain over evey small bump.

base-1
Spax handled good, rode crap (adjustables). feel/balance Crap on bumpy roads (twisty), fine on smooth ones.

exactly my feelings <_<

Dino

Ive been in a Mk2 Golf GTI lowered on Spax adjustables and it was awful!

Had Konis on my last Pug which were very good unless the road was bumpy then they became almost unbearable. **edit**!

I am going for standard bilsteins on my Sorrento with lowered Eibach springs....

Edited by Dino

Sign in to follow this