• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Super Josh

How Do You Make A 205 Sound Like A Rally Car?

Super Josh

How do you make a 205 sound like a Rally Car for track days? What exhaust systems give that authentic sound without sounding too Kev????

Cheers

Josh

gerlewislewis

get some CARBS :D:D

or maybe get a magnex (or equivilent backbox) and reomive your centre box.

Tony_205

ANTI-LAG SYSTEM !!!

LoL - Perfection!

I dunno if u can get them for 205's, they are illegal for road use, but that popping and banging sound of the turbo spinning constantly (if you have a turbo technics car) is amazing - not to mention the fire spitting !! B):D

Super Josh
maybe get a magnex (or equivilent backbox) and reomive your centre box.

Already got the Magnex BB, which is okay for general driving, but a bit lame for a TrackDay. Anyone know if the Pug Grp N system is the same diameter as the standard one? If so, could fit a sleeved Magnex BB to a Grp N system to remove the middle silencer.

Josh

Guest Brendan

I have a 3"(might be 3.5") sportex backbox on mine with a K and N

Once past 4K revs it barks like an animal,

My gf was in the house and she hears it coming from about a mile and a half away, plus neighbours ask if im entering it in the snowman rally this year, it sounds crazy...and not kev-like.

Alan_M

Depends if your Magnex Backbox has the earlier sleeve type join or the later olive clamp style one!

As the Peugeot Sport Grp N system uses the sleeve connection. All the system consists of is a straight through centre pipe (No centre box) and a backbox.

So you'll need a downpipe off an earlier 3 piece system.

I'm currently looking at buying this system as the backbox looks very discrete and not muppety, whilst sounding nice when pushing on!

pug_ham

I agree with Alan_M on this one, best way to get the 205 to sound like a rally car is to get an exhaust that was fitted to them for rallying.

Graham.:D

ultimatepug
ANTI-LAG SYSTEM !!!

LoL - Perfection!

I dunno if u can get them for 205's, they are illegal for road use, but that popping and banging sound of the turbo spinning constantly (if you have a turbo technics car) is amazing - not to mention the fire spitting !! B):D

not too sure if available for the 205 but u can use them on scoobies.

adam

Tony_205

You can get them for alot of cars including RS Turbo's and Cossies.

Although they should be available to get for the 205 as the t16 rally cars had them fitted! You'll have a massive job finding one i bet tho!

Edited by Tony_205

Super Josh
Depends if your Magnex Backbox has the earlier sleeve type join or the later olive clamp style one!

As the Peugeot Sport Grp N system uses the sleeve connection. All the system consists of is a straight through centre pipe (No centre box) and a backbox.

So you'll need a downpipe off an earlier  3 piece system.

I'm currently looking at buying this system as the backbox looks very discrete and not muppety, whilst sounding nice when pushing on!

I understand about the layout of the Grp N system(lack of middle box), and the differennce between the earlier sleeved and later olive fitments. Which is why I said

If so, could fit a sleeved Magnex BB to a Grp N system to remove the middle silencer.

Still trying to find out if the tubing is the same diameter as the standard sytem, so that I can then fit a differnet back box.

Josh

Super Josh
I agree with Alan_M on this one, best way to get the 205 to sound like a rally car is to get an exhaust that was fitted to them for rallying.

Graham.B)

I thought that quite a few people on here have the Grp N system. And the consensus was that it's a big throatier at idle and a bit more rorty throughout the rev range but not like a Rally car. Could be wrong though. :D

Anyone with one like to comment?

Josh

jayblack-gti

does anyone know where to buy the group N system, i was considering it a while ago but decided not to

Guest noice

Ears, Demon tweeks, road & rally, etc will all be able to sell you grp N dont forget they are just the best of standard, they do sound nice, ss systems tend to sound nice, how about grp a then? not exactly road legal but if the stickers arnt there few can tell, Ive even known them to pass MOT's you want ggrrrooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwllll rally spares & most of above will sell. How about a Tony Law system dont think will be noisy but will give ultimate power this is the MAN!!

doughboy

fit 48 carbs and drill some holes in the exhaust box :DB)

perfecto pug

get a mild steel ashley system, ther are always the loudest and most aggresive by far

Guest 2wdcossie

ALS isnt illegal for road use!!

ive know people and have been in their cars with agressive als (upto 25psi boost at idle) on their cosworths and they are road legal cars with mot certs :D

pug_ham
does anyone know where to buy the group N system

direct from peugeotsportuk, the OMP one is still a twin box system afaik.

IMO you won't be able to make an aftermarket system sound any more like a rallycar than the Group N does, the box construction will differ & might even be designed for a different sound on a magnex than the Pugsport group N system. Peugeot use Magnex on the touring cars iirc & they don't sound like a rallycar.

If you don't think the group N sounds more like a rallycar then the only choice would be a group A system instead.

Dream Weaver

ALS "has" to be legal, as rally cars have to be road legal, even WRC contenders.

ScoobyJawa
ALS "has" to be legal, as rally cars have to be road legal, even WRC contenders.

Its not illegal to fit ALS, but illegal to use it on the public highway, hence why the rally cars turn it off when they drive it on the public roads.

By all means fit it - but I hope anyone who does has the money to replace the turbo frequently, as it will kill it very quickly. Most are simply not designed for the ferociousness of ALS and need to be designed with that in mind. Also bear in mind that the WRC cars are designed for ALS and get through a turbo a day, sometimes more frequently..............

Guest 2wdcossie

what if you have a marham 247 shafted grp a turbo :DB)

if specced properly the turbo's last no less than non als units

Guest redpug

Just fit a big pipe from the exhaust mainflot to the end of the car. Nothing, just the pipe and you will have much noise and even flames at the exhaust. I have this "system" on my 205 rally car, it's cheap and very efficient.

Redpug

sorr

Just have a dodgy alternator that causes the voltage to drop. When this happened got very large pops and bangs, sounded very rally car like. :D

ScoobyJawa
what if you have a marham 247 shafted grp a turbo :DB)

if specced properly the turbo's last no less than non als units

Exactly, as I said - if spec'd properly. Somehow I don't think a 1988 or whenever it was dreamed up 205 TT conversion was spec'd to run anti lag! You'd kill that turbo in no time IMHO.

Tony_205

Does anyone have any links to places which sell Group A systems with pics and prices?

Any help greatly appreciated. :D

Regards.

pug_ham
Does anyone have any links to places which sell Group A systems with pics and prices?

I'm not sure about pictures but www.rallycar.com sell most things that Peugeotsport used to do so give them a try.

Sign in to follow this