• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Barryboy85

Best Driveshaft

Barryboy85

Hi all, was wondering what recommendations you all have for driveshaft,best brand for road use?

Thanks

dawning

Skf seems to be a popular choice.

Barryboy85

Thanks for the reply, I've looked into skf but seem to have had problems with not fitting properly, has anyone used these recently without any problems?

Ozymandis

Skf seems to be a popular choice.

Not with you anymore, I`m guessing.

dawning

Haha, no! It was fine untill I had to remove it though. Driveshafts seem to be a bit of nightmare for the 205 unfortunately.

welshpug

standard oem.

Barryboy85

The problem is finding oem drive shafts,and if you do I'm sure they are going to be a lot. As much as I would want oem ones but I think I'm going to be priced out.

calvinhorse

I had trouble with skf driveshafts in the past, they knocked like mad.. the car was lowered and had 2 degree camber on the front.

I raised the car up and put the camber back to standard and the shafts have been perfect ever since, boots still look brand new

welshpug

The problem is finding oem drive shafts,and if you do I'm sure they are going to be a lot. As much as I would want oem ones but I think I'm going to be priced out.

they dont have to be new, they last a very long time as long as the grease isn't let out.

Tom Fenton

I had trouble with skf driveshafts in the past, they knocked like mad.. the car was lowered and had 2 degree camber on the front.

I raised the car up and put the camber back to standard and the shafts have been perfect ever since, boots still look brand new

In fairness though, this would just have been the suspension settings meaning the shaft was bottoming out. Any brand at the same compressed length would have done the same thing.

calvinhorse

Yes mate that's what I'm getting at, standard (ish) ride height they're fine, even after I ran them for a few thousand miles knocking like a.. thing that knocks a lot

dawning

Jehovah's whiteness?

Taxi!

• Like 2

calvinhorse

Haha! Perfect ????

Barryboy85

Ok guys cheers for the advice, will have a think on which option to go for..