• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
soundguy

Four Pin Brown Multi Plug - Steering Column

soundguy

I've got a loose four pin brown multi below and to the left of the steering column - can't seem to find where it's supposed to reconnect to - can anyone advise please?

post-16694-0-85286300-1508598852_thumb.jpg

welshpug

instrument cluster lighting dimmer/rheostat, its clipped into the lower half of the steering column plastic shroud.

or on a base model it'll be a blanking piece with a jumper instead of the dimmer.

soundguy

Ah great thanks, thought it might have been something to do with indicators as mine aren't working. I'll have a search for that, pretty sure it's been covered plenty of times. Thanks for the fast response.

jackherer

Indicator failure is often due to the hazard switch even when the hazards still work!

Try wiggling the hazard switch while the indicators are on.

soundguy

That's a bit of a relief as all of the electrics to the various controls are disconnected - the rear screen demist, hazards etc etc.

jackherer

That'll be the problem then, the hazard switch is an integral part of the indicator circuit!