• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jimmi

Sump Baffle ( Pts Type Egg-Box) Fitting To 1.9 8V Gti

jimmi

I contacted Constella 2 days ago looking for instructions to fit one of their baffles to my 1900 8v ( tin sump) - but no response so far. I've set aside today hoping to fit the baffle. I've the sumppan off and reckon the oil pump has to come off - I assume the baffle goes between tin sump and alloy spacer ? Anyone know the correct fitting sequence / any pitfalls ?

mmt

No need to take off the oilpump unless the design has been changed. Had one some years ago. Fit between alu spacer and sump.

They are in my mind not suitable for outright Racing with slicks.

jimmi

No need to take off the oilpump unless the design has been changed. Had one some years ago. Fit between alu spacer and sump.

They are in my mind not suitable for outright Racing with slicks.

Just has a go at fitting bafffle -No way will it go on whilst oil pump still in-situ / with engine still in car. will be used for odd track event / sprint etc on slicks but mostly stage rallies. Why do you reckon not sufficient for race tracks ?

Miles

Yes the pump needs to be removed which is easy, Gasket both sides and refit, make sure you have the right one as the 1.6 and 1.9 baffles are different

jimmi

Yes the pump needs to be removed which is easy, Gasket both sides and refit, make sure you have the right one as the 1.6 and 1.9 baffles are different

Mmmm... must check with previous owner... Miles: what is difference between 1600 /1900 PTS baffles ? ... I have placed this one into my 1900 tin sump - it sits flush with rim and the baffles go to base of sump....

Anthony

Depth. The 1.6 sump is deeper so the baffle is deeper accordingly. If yours sits nicely if your shallower 1.9 sump, it sounds like you have the correct one.