• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Terry1600

Sad Device Where To Buy New Or Other Cars Same Device

Terry1600

Does anybody know of a supplier that aells these new?

Also ive found other cars such as the volvo 740 use the same, anybody know of anything else a bit more modern that uses the same valve?

DamirGTI

"Intermotor" makes new , also some "SMP" brand and perhaps some more .. search the net via : auxiliary air valve ... OE part No for 1.6 and 1.9 SAD is 0345 37 .

Dunno if these replacement new units are as good as Bosch OE (aftermarket new ones are around 120quid) , as the old ones never go bad .. at least i haven't had a bad one yet , its simple device with really not much to go wrong (maybe just the heater) ...thus i don't really see the need for new one .

Quite a few cars from the 80's and some from early 90's had the same idle air valve .. though it'll be a little bit differently pr-adjusted but essentially the same type of valve .

D

Terry1600

Cheers for that info, yeah ive got one that no longer closes.

welshpug

how long did you give it and have you tested the wiring and made sure the terminals are secure in the plug?

Edited by welshpug

Terry1600

Its a tuning company doing the setup i havent tested it personally, they said they have tested it off the car and it doseent close up to set the idle properly

Telf

Its worth giving the whole thing a squirt through with cleaning agent I've found in the past. They do seize up but I've yet to have a broken SAD.

Terry1600

runnignwise its getting worse so tomorrow im gonna strip all the manifold and hoses off and have a good look through it all see whats going on

petert

Not so modern, but Peugeot 505 used the same.

Rob_the_Sparky

From your other post it certainly sounds like a SAD problem that you have. I've had to lubricated and adjusted mine a few times but not replaced yet.

steve@cornwall

Have you checked the hoses for splits? Had a nightmare with that a few months back