• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Brakeline Routing

B1ack_Mi16

So on my sorrento which is now steel grey I'm starting assembly process.

I have some clips that sohuld go under the car, some are white which seem to be able to take 1 brake line and 2 8mm pipes.. I suppose these are for the fuel pipes and right side rear brake line?

I also have some black clips with space for 2 x 8mm pipes, which I might guess are for the PAS cooling loop? But if so, how is the front left brake pipe routed under the car?

Is it just single clips for it all the way back to the fuel tank?

I so regret I didn't take pics of the underside before I removed the clips as it seem to be a real puzzle and the servicebox images really don't help too much.

Also are the brackets for the brake hoses (ones mounted to the chassi just behind the fuel tank) availiable? Can't seem to find any.

Ryan

Is the car a 1.6 or 1.9?

A 1.6 has a single brake line running in a straight line down the left side near the exhaust, normally with small clips that only take a single pipe. A 1.9 has two brake lines - one the same as the 1.6, and one on the right side that follows the fuel pipes. If the car had PAS then the cooling loop would be on the left next to the straight brake pipe, and the clips would be different to take one brake pipe and two 10mm pipes for the cooler.

I found this pic. 1.6 brake pipe is shown by the top row of arrows. 1.9 uses both rows...

post-5273-0-90148200-1505299083_thumb.jpg

petert

I'm also guessing there's differences between LH & RH drive, emissions or not etc. For example, my RH drive DKZ engined shell has four clips on the RH side; left rear, right rear and two fuel. On the LH side are clips for the PAS loop and clips for the canister etc.

A DFZ shell has one rear brake line, on the LH side, along with the canister tube.

Edited by petert

B1ack_Mi16

Thanks for that pic, it shows how it shall be in my case I believe.

Mine was a Gentry I think with ABS brakes actually. But I have those clips there avail so now I can start making brakelines. :)