• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rbdemen

Need Help Finding Build Date Please!

rbdemen

Need help urgently. I am in Germany trying to ship my 1.9 GTI to the US. It is a German vehicle first registered 5 Oct 1990 and is importable to the US based on the 25-year old rule. The US Dept of Transportation is giving me a hard time because they can't decode the VIN and want a build date/date of manufacture. Can anyone tell me if I can find the date of manufacture on the car itself? Or help me decode the VIN? VF320CDK224080228. Can someone see if it's in Service Box? I used to have access to Service Box and used it lots in the past for part numbers but haven't been able to access the site in 6 months or so. The site says my country is not configured.

Thank you for your help.

Luyigi

Hi all, I have a same problem. I curious about the bulid date of my early gtis. How can I know the RP number? I already checked in the service box, but my ph1 VIN is doesn’t work I dont know why.

Gohn

Its also stamped on the compliance plate(s) in the engine bay

You'll have at least one of these, open up the bonnet

the original from Peugeot just behind the Right Front strut

and maybe one put on when imported to Germany, Aust, UK etc which will probably be in front of the Right Front strut

Give it a dust off, the VIN should be at the top

Then weight, etc then "Build Date"

Luyigi

Thanks!

I Just saw it in a picture, because my car is far from me. So, in the plate just I can see maybee the Germany export, ABE D390, below the VIN,

and the weight in four row. Nothing more infos in the plate.

But I have a carosserie no plate.