• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

K20205

K20 Swapped And Opinions On Driveshaft Angle

K20205

Hi there,

Ive mounted my engine into the bay now and ive taken a picture of the angle, please tell me if they are fine because thats as far as the engine will go back without touching the subframe.

30bg0ol.jpg

jackherer

I watched a Youtube video of a Dutch guy fitting a K20 into a 205 and he had to modify the subframe and/or chassis legs to get the driveshafts straight. It doesn't look like a K20 is an easy fit into a 205 sadly.

I think it was this video -

Edited by jackherer

K20205

I watched a Youtube video of a Dutch guy fitting a K20 into a 205 and he had to modify the subframe and/or chassis legs to get the driveshafts straight. It doesn't look like a K20 is an easy fit into a 205 sadly.

Ive watched his videos too,

Everyone fits it in a different way and angle.

I didnt use spacers on the subframe just notched the part of the frame where the diff was touching.

t84zo7.jpg

ajuxyp.jpg

Edited by K20205

jackherer

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that video was the way to do it, just that there are a lot of problems with the driveshaft angles with no elegant solution that I have seen so far.

K20205

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that video was the way to do it, just that there are a lot of problems with the driveshaft angles with no elegant solution that I have seen so far.

No im not saying you said anything wrong,

Theres always problems when it comes to engine swaps especially if the engine is from another make of car.

I think my angles are fine but i just wanted to get other peoples views on it. A slight bit of angle wont make problems.

Powers

I cut away and then reinforced a section of the subframe where the diff casing hits. But I designed mine so it can fit onto the standard mounting points as I didn't want to devalue the shell.

• Like 1

ravydavy

IMG_2509.JPG

ravydavy

IMG_2509.JPG

ravydavy

IMG_2512.JPG

ravydavy

IMG_2510.thumb.JPG.a9c26e9b337bce4b7c2eb4cf879c77f3.JPG

ravydavy

Was easy 

cybernck

Hi, have you got a Project topic that covers your progress with the car? :)

Hilgie

I think best is to notch the subframe a few cms. Just like on the V6 it enables you to put the engine closer to the firewall and run straight driveshafts.