• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tommy gun

Possible Stem Seals

tommy gun

My xu10j2te is burning oil badly. At first I thought it was the turbo but it only smokes at idle and boy does it smoke.

As soon as I pull away it clears but it will smoke a little when coasting in traffic.

There's a little bit of oil in the boost pipes but hardly anything. I also noticed that the dip stick had popped out the other day and spat oil everywhere but not sure how long it was like that.

Any help.

Leslie green

My guess would be the Engines badly worn and pressurising the sump which is likely why the dipstick popped out , too much blow past due to worn rings /bores , clears at higher revs as the oil burns better but it's still burning oil !

A compression test would be an idea .

tommy gun

Just done compression test

Leslie green

For a petrol engine that sounds very low but then its turbo so not sure what it should be but Id recheck that 122 is it's quite a bit lower than the rest .I wouldn't rule out the turbo just yet as they tend to smoke bad at idle if worn too.

Edited by Leslie green

welshpug

probably throttle closed, should be done open.

they're all very close anyway, i wouldn't be concerned yet.

tommy gun

What would be causing the did stick to push up?also there is a lot of oil that's been spat out of the tube.

pugdamo

Excessive crankcase pressure,usually caused by worn rings or or blocked oil breathers. The pressure builds and it has to go somewhere so pushing the dipstick out would be a way for the pressure to escape.

Gaz205

What would be causing the did stick to push up?also there is a lot of oil that's been spat out of the tube.

My dip stick had simply worn so didn't secure properly. Dealer supplied at £12+ vat