• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Jaytiler

205 To 306 Front Caliper Conversion Hoses?

Jaytiler

Hi all

I'm converting my front brakes over to 306 gti 6 and I've seen someone saying about the length of the hose not being right? The step by step guides I've seen don't mention the hoses though?

I have a friend who works for a firm supplying cables and brake hoses to formula one cars and he can make me a set up but I'm unsure on the length needed? He's also unreliable so may just have to buy some if they're really needed??

Thanks

Anthony

Pugracing (Miles on here) sell the longer hoses off the shelf.

Standard hoses are usually fine for the various 266mm brake upgrades (e.g. 306 XSi/S16), but are at best borderline with 283mm GTi-6 - all too often they're pulled tight on full lock which is an issue from a safety point of view and should fail an MOT if the tester spots it.

Jaytiler

Thank you that's what I read about full lock.

Miles

Got all the variants in my Ebay shop, drop me a PM and can do slightly cheaper outside of Ebay

Jaytiler

What's the name of your eBay shop?

nixonmi16

I used standard 406 hdi hoses from 2000 every thing fits fine including grommets for the shocks and £10.00 from the motor factors

• Like 1