• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rakandy

Wipers Not Working

Rakandy

Hi, my wipers are working only on the fastest mode.. Anyone know where can I find wiper relays? According to the diagram there must be two. One of them in the fuse box (which one?) and one somewhere outside the fusebox. Thank you for help!

sketch-1499351336979.png

• Like 1

jackherer

It's the third relay from the left in the fusebox in my car. I think that diagram just shows the same relay twice for some reason, the one in the fuse box is the only one I know of.

If you need to replace it try to find a VW one with 99 on it. They work exactly the same but you get variable speed intermittent wipe.

Rakandy

Painted those

IMG_20170706_114008.jpg

Rakandy

Sorry wrong message sent. I still think there must be another one relay because according to the diagram different wires go to fuse box and relay outside the box. Maybe anyone know where to find it???

Rakandy

Hi, still can't find what's wrong... Tried changing relay in the fuse box, wiper motor, wiper stalk - nothing changed, wipers work only on the full speed. On slower speed you can hear the relay working in the fuse box. Any ideas??? Thanks for any help!

Leslie green

The relay would only be for the intermittent function Id have thought, not sure how low speed is controlled possibly a resistor at the actual motor but you have changed the motor already ...

Rakandy

Exactly intermittent function is not working, doesn't matter what I change - relay, stalk, motor. It is working on the last, full wiping mode only. When I turn them off wipers don't go back down, they just stop in the possition they were at that moment.

Tom Fenton

When I turn them off wipers don't go back down, they just stop in the possition they were at that moment.

There is the critical info. Either the park switch in the wiper motor is u/s, or there is a fuse blown and no power to part of it.

welshpug

time to strip the motor from the linkage, make sure you mark the position of the arm on the spindle if you remove it.

under the metal plate held on by the 4 screws are the contacts, there are 3 sprung arms touching the disc which has missing segment to enable the park function, make sure there's no corrosion or grease in the way, and lubricate the shaft, if you feel brave pop the motor apart as well and clean the brushes and commutator.