• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

katmav

Electric Window Regulator

katmav

Hi, does anyone recognise this drivers side electric window regulator? Looking for a fix as the cable has snapped, motor still works fine. Doesn't look like any of the ones I have seen up for sale...car is a 1.6GTi J reg.

post-16273-0-94573900-1499015413_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-59500300-1499015418_thumb.jpg

post-16273-0-98648400-1499015423_thumb.jpg

pugdamo

That's an aftermarket set up, not sure how you would go about finding a replacement though, I'd try getting a standard electric reg and fitting that, may have to modify the wiring depending on what's already been done though .

Tom Fenton

The motor and drive cables are aftermarket, the mechanism is standard windy window with a bit cut off and the cable drive thing attached!

As said it's some kind of aftermarket conversion kit that uses an electric motor to turn a windy handle spindle!

Easiest way is a proper 205 electric mech which will bolt straight into your door. Wiring is 2 wires the worst you can do is get them the wrong way round so it works backwards and have to swap them over.

steve@cornwall

That's an aftermarket set up, not sure how you would go about finding a replacement though, I'd try getting a standard electric reg and fitting that, may have to modify the wiring depending on what's already been done though .

I believe I have a pair of those! Have thought about using them on CTI dear windows but don't think it's worth the hassle. I had them fitted in a previous CTI ( at the front) and are not hard to fit

katmav

Thanks all, that explains it!

VDU

Hi Matt, I have just removed one of these. I will need to test it still works but you are welcome to have it for the price of postage.

Andy

Slo

Have thought about using them on CTI dear windows but don't think it's worth the hassle.

That's exactly what I have bought them for, only problem is deciding how to mount switches and where considering the rear passengers will also need a switch too.

The switches that come with them are horendously cheap looking

steve@cornwall

Mount them in pairs in front and behind handbrake? I was thinking a pair of single switches in the rear and a single switch in front to lower all 4 windows with one touch.