• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

All Praise The GTI

V6 Electrical Plug Identification

All Praise The GTI

Hi again.. right just to make things clear first il explain the situation..

I brought a V6 conversion that came out of an old friends car. My mate brought this from spoox several years ago. He then sold this conversion after a couple years and it was owned by another guy for awhile until the car was hit and written off. I by chance found the guy and brought the conversion package that he removed. I have reahelled it by redone most bits and redone the conversion to a better standard that Iam happy with. It's all done now but won't start. It was turning over ok but fuel pump won't prime.

I've reused the conversion loom I was given and plugged it all in bar one multiplug that is next to the ECU and two relays. I have nothing to plug this into and unsire if needs plugging into something but don't have anything so presume there was possibly another small lead it went into that I didn't receive.

I've found numbers on the wires but very faint and I can't identify the wires from the few diagrams I've found from search's. I'll try post a pic of plug and wires.

The codes are (I think) :

M1630 yellow green stripes

26A red

675 cream

6770 yellow

All Praise The GTI
IMG_20170621_200717.jpg

All Praise The GTI

IMG_20170622_181314.jpg

IMG_20170616_175914.jpg

welshpug

cruise control module from memory.

All Praise The GTI

Damn so that's not going cause my problem then. Thanks welshpug.

Guessing that leaves me with either:

relays (which I'll try bridge tonight to eliminate those)

Other wiring (altho was a running conversion before)

Or ECU (supposedly already unlocked :(

welshpug

406v6enginebaywiring.jpg

should be easy enough to figure out, do you have a permanent 12v at the relays, then look for the switched 12v, check for the inertia switch, bell out the wiring to the pump.

All Praise The GTI

Iam really not very good with wiring welshpug.. Iam much better with spanners!

Had a look lastnight and think I've got no spark or fuel. I fear either my ECU has locked out or the wiring damaged somewhere.

Only one of the two relays has wite to both pin 5+8 so shorted that one and the pump still didn't prime. I've really no idea what they did to the wiring altho it worked in previous car it's not now. There's one other small grey plug next to the ECU and relays that's not plugged in. Looks like a sensor plug I guessed was for carbon canister thingy but I noticed one of the wires goes to pin 6 of one of the relays. Then it's joined and goes off somewhere else.. one of the wires is green 1223

Think I'm going send ECU off see if they can check it and decode (altho they said not sure if can do this ECU)

And failing that I might need a look making up :(

ade 4wd

I have an unlocked and tested bosch MP7.0 ECU for sale. £50 including postage and packing. Or i can bring it to Pugfest this weekend.

All Praise The GTI

Pm on its way :)

GazMav

You have checked the inertia switch if it still has one haven't you?

Mine was a relay problem, I had to jump two wires as one wasn't getting 12v, you hear both relays click and you know you are good to go.

All Praise The GTI

No inertia switch.

Do you remember which pins in which relay?

IMG_20170626_162423.jpg

ade 4wd

Relay 1 should have 12 volts on pins 2,11,14,8,15

Relay 2 should have 12 volts on pins 14,8,11 and pin 7 should be earth.

All Praise The GTI

Received ECU thanks Ade.. still no start tho :(

Got an old multi meter out and I've got no power at the relay with more wires which I think is fuel relay. And the one with less wires only has power at pin 14 ?!?;

No idea what's going on :(

welshpug

i do, you have no power, therefore you need to figure out why.

probably not connected the main power supply, or a broken wire.

All Praise The GTI

Where would the main supply Normally be? There was a joined bunch of 5 wires on loom I thought I took it off the other engine off the starter power cable point but it sparked there so guessing it was supposed be earthed instead.

Unless the grey small plug or that bigger black one was being used to supply power??

All Praise The GTI

The wiring is such a mess joined wires everywhere so I'd rather get a fresh one made so I know it's reliable. Sent you a PM ade :)

Goliath

I have one of Ade's v6 looms (and a cruise control loom), although I've not actually fitted it yet it looks bloody brilliant! Very well made and the ECU is in the correct place.

All Praise The GTI

Now have some standard looms on the way to Ade :)