• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blandy

Omex Help

blandy

Come to fire the car up this morning as booked a Trackday next weekend so thought better check it over and nothing will run. Car doesn't seem to fire the injectors - have spark and everything else but no fuel form the injectors - can visibly look down the throttle bodies

blandy

From the omex I have brown wire and white wire when cranking I have 12v from both so 12v to each pin of the injectors

welshpug

if you have spark but no injection and you do have 12v at the injector I'd bell the wire back to the ecu, sounds like a broken injector trigger wire.

on the ecu side of the injector wiring the voltage should switch from positive to negative as the ecu pulls them to earth if you are checking with a power probe.

blandy

Yes have 12v at the injectors and also 12v at both wires from the ecu. I'm not entirely sure god these work as when cranking I have 12v at both wires on each injector.

My understanding was the omex switches earths so expected to see 12v to one pin and then earth to the other on the injector

welshpug

you wont see an earth with a multimeter as they dont react fast enough, the 12v+ you are seeing is travelling through the injector, you need to test with a power probe with the injectors unplugged or a noid light

is it running off two or one injector driver?