• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

DrSarty

Xmt - Sarty's Xsara GTI6 Turbo

DrSarty
Posted (edited)

And will one of the mods PLEASE change this topic title to GTI6 instead of Mi16.

It should also be 'Xsara XGT' as a result.

There is nothing Mi16 about this build, other than it probably being an ancestor of the GTI6. Plans changed... as they do.

It's a GTI6 block (bored out), a forged diesel crank, a GTI6 inlet & a modified GTI6 head, bolted to a VTS 'box (with Quaife). From an engine perspective, everything else is custom. It's barely even a GTI6!

Edited by DrSarty

pug_ham
3 hours ago, DrSarty said:

And will one of the mods PLEASE change this topic title to GTI6 instead of Mi16.

Done.

g

DrSarty

Thanks G.

Questions: I've never really understood why some cars have a vacuum pump. They are typically run off the end of a camshaft. I've removed mine from all of my Naturally Aspirated (N/A) builds as the vacuum/servo assist has always come directly from the inlet manifold & I've never had an issue with braking assist.

1. Why are they used, especially on N/A cars?

2. IF they were there explicitly for Forced Induction (F/I) cars - turbo or supercharged - which clearly they are not, I'd perhaps understand it, as PERHAPS the manifold pressure situation is different on F/I cars. But as this engine is turbocharged, (a) do I need a vacuum pump & (b) if not, how do I supply vacuum to assist the servo?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb/already covered question.

EDIT: Started to do some research. I think I'm going to get & use an electric vacuum pump:

• This video plus some useful text below

VPump.PNG

Edited by DrSarty