• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

[Body_Work] Rust Rust And More Rust!

jackherer

Dez is outstanding with metalwork but I don't think he does paint.

Telf

As my car is currently in my parts I thought i might have a go at removing the dash. So commenced research and found the following article and PDF

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=136764

Does that pretty much cover the removal?

The reason its coming out is although I've slowed my footwell leaks it appears one may be originating from behind the dash just below the window seal(although it seems not the seal itself).

I figure i might as well fix all the gremlins in 1 hit!

Clarky3rdNut

Having removed two dashboards recently, I can confirm that the Dash Removing Guide PDF posted by Cybernck in that topic is right on the button.

I hope all the cables go back in as easily as they come out!

Telf

Does anybody know if the flexible hose from the fuel filler to the tank - at the bottom corner of the wheel arches is still available from peugeot? My local dealer is once again proving inept

woodymi16

Does anybody know if the flexible hose from the fuel filler to the tank - at the bottom corner of the wheel arches is still available from peugeot? My local dealer is once again proving inept

This may help,

205 - 205F 1 15C07A - TANK FILLING HOSE.pdf

culreoch

Does anybody know if the flexible hose from the fuel filler to the tank - at the bottom corner of the wheel arches is still available from peugeot? My local dealer is once again proving ineptW

Recently bought the short, large diameter flexi hose from the dealer, if that's the one you mean. Cost was something daft (ie more than a tenner) for such a short length of hose, but there we are.

Telf

Thanks guys- part now on order £15 with 2 clips

Telf

After all my work on the area behind the wings we had a fair amount of rain ... and unbelievably there is water in the footwells.

The dash is nearly out so hopefully I will be able to see what is going on!

report back soon!

toolie72

Any holes under scuttle? Is it both footwells?

Telf

It's somewhere behind the angled section on the corners of the American pillars. Hence dash out so I can solve it once and for all!

Gaz205

After all my work on the area behind the wings we had a fair amount of rain ... and unbelievably there is water in the footwells.

The dash is nearly out so hopefully I will be able to see what is going on!

report back soon!

Sh*t! Gutted for you! Sorry to ask the obvious... It couldn't have been getting in from front and rear and now it's just from the rear it's creeping in?

Telf

Tbh I'm not sure whats going on bUT as the car is off the road is will keep taking it to bits until I solve the problem. It's been doing it for years and I'm sick of wet carpets !

soundguy

Have you taken the scuttle panel off and checked the two side drain holes are clear, they get blocked with dirt - you'll need a straightened coat hanger or something. They're near the outer edges, L&R.

When they block up, the water pools around the fan heater aperture and seeps in.

Edited by soundguy

toolie72

If no carpets/interior in what about a plumbers smoke bomb? Video it on fone so you can replay it

Don't put a smoke bomb on carpet/bare floor as it'll burn it-like the back of my van!!! B@@tards! Funny looking back on it now though-wasn't at the time when I thought my van was on fire in works yard-oh I work with some cards

DamirGTI

Under the scuttle panel , inside in the corner (on both sides) around where the last hood latch bolt bolts in , theres panel joint on which the seam sealer cracks off and then leaks water in the cabin insides (footwells) ... this'll be lower dash area towards the A pillar if viewed from the inside .

Check and apply fresh seam sealer and paint on top .. i had an leak from time to time and when sealed this no more leaks .

D

Telf

haven't worked on the car this week due to the rain. Hoping to get the dash out tomorrow. According to the guide there is only the 3 main cabin bolts and the two near the scuttle panel.

Well actually I have refitted the fuel tank- but only so I can run the car around the drive as it not being used until the welding is done. I figure keeping the engine ticking over and the brake used _+ abit of warmth will save me other issues . If I leave it sat until Feb I just know it will develop other mechanical and or electrical gremlins!

Ive no idea if its driveable with the dash out but I cant see a reason why it wouldn't be!

Anthony

haven't worked on the car this week due to the rain. Hoping to get the dash out tomorrow. According to the guide there is only the 3 main cabin bolts and the two near the scuttle panel.

Fundamentally that's right - there's a few other bits of dash that need removing or bits (eg heater controls) that need unscrewing first, but yes the main dash is only held in by those five fixings from memory. There's a section of loom that is attached to the dash section that it's easiest to unplug from the fuseboard.

I wouldn't personally fret too much at the car sitting unused for a couple of months, I've regularly done that without issues - best leaving the handbrake off and chocking the wheels though, else it'll stick on after weeks of wet weather. Indeed, there's an argument that unless you run the engine long enough to get everything properly up to temperature, you're potentially doing more harm than good regularly starting it whilst it's parked up.

Telf

Cheers Anthony. I will probably only move it once a month. Spin it out until the Temps are up. Certainly won't be weekly.

Telf

The guide was really useful. The 4 hidden screws above the glove box I would never have found. It drove me crazy finding them even though I knew they where there somewhere!

Telf

Both sides it appears to be in the very rear corner of the scuttle panel. It must be under the sealant as there are no signs of any issues from the scuttle panel side.

Telf

absolutely threaders with this car now! I mean ive looked after it mechanically but this rust issue is getting right on my tits!

allye

Don't get disheartened, finding the cause is better than not.

It's easy to get down when uncovering rot but remember just how lucky we are with 205's for rot.

Telf

Investigation on the passenger side leak today. Quite a few rust holes uncovered beneath the sealant. The holes go directly into The footwell. As I am not ready to weld yet I've recovered the whole area in seam sealant. Let's see if that stops the rain!

post-21474-0-42198700-1480252914_thumb.jpg