• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bluline

Xu10J2Te Upgrades

bluline

Hello,

I have a Citroen Xantia with an Xu10j2te, stock 2.0 tct engine.

I searched many sites but is seems this engine is more popular here on this forum for swaps.

I also asked local shops if they know anything about this engine but it seems I'm out of luck :wacko:

Currently it has a boost controller, exhaust and tune running 1 bar pressure.

I've now hit a wall in what to upgrade to do, I've read that I can swap the camshaft for a DKZ (XU9) but I am not sure.

Plans that I have for this engine is to upgrade internals and aid airflow, since the head gasket is starting to go out I figured this would be the best time to work on it.

If anyone can share some ideas and knowledge that would be awesome.

welshpug

more valves :P

• Like 1

bluline

Well for now I want to maintain stock head :lol:

Would port and polish the 8v head do it any justice?

Tom Fenton

Exhaust manifold ports are small and benefit from enlarging.

Standard cam is also restrictive, fit the 205 GTI cam.

Head work will also help of course.

After that its an ECU swap to get rid of the boost cut at 1 bar.

bluline

Thanks Tom, I will start with working on the head and fitting a DKZ cam.

Do you know if this GTI cams are a direct fit or do they require extra work?

wicked

I think it was drop in, but not sure. Don't expect a night and day diff because of the cam. It will give you bit more high end power.

For significant more power you need a bigger turbo and all related stuff (injectors, management etc...)

If you're running 1 bar, you're already running the turbo on max...

bluline

Every little difference in the end makes an impact, that's why I like to modify cars.

But for now I wanted to stay with stock turbo, manifold and ECU and just work on the rest.

Probably after cams and head work I will work on the brakes and fix some suspension related problems (activa :mellow:)

Those "big" modifications ill leave for the end when I strive for more power :D

For daily driving I normally set it up to 0.8bar just to be careful.

Anyway I found a site selling a DKZ cam (http://www.autodoc.co.uk/ajusa/7192038), seems to be the correct one but i could be wrong.

Is there any other store that you recommend?

petert

Cutting three angle seats in those heads is one of the best mods you can do. The large, single 45 deg cut on the inlet valve seat is great for reliability but does nothing to enhance flow. Then of course blend the seats correctly into the port. Increasing port flow is free hp which might otherwise be found by winding up the boost. Any decent head place does 3 angle seats just as a matter of course these days. The place I use has a CNC seat cutter which creates the valve seat angles and blends into the port in one operation. Any place that charges extra for 3 angle seats should be avoided.

• Like 1

bluline

Thanks Peter, good to learn more about head work.

Looking at cams for selling I am wondering where to get mine.

Should I go with a standard 205gti DKZ cam, or should I get a CAT CAMS 4900365 for example?

wicked

If you take a catcams, take the 4900360. That's a cam for turbocharged engines. My mate has it with gt28r turbo and really adds horses. Don't know how it will behave with stock turbo. I don't think it will work with standard management.

• Like 1

petert

The DKZ cam and the 4900360 work well because they have less overlap period, where inlet charge would otherwise be lost across the open exhaust port. I agree that the 4900360 is probably too big for standard management. Stay with the DKZ cam for now, until you have low comp forged pistons, bigger turbo and aftermarket ECU.

• Like 1

bluline

Thanks ill go with standard DKZ cam for now.