• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Takentoxs

Solex Z2. Am I Being Thick?

Takentoxs

After rebuilding my carb with new choke and accelerator diaphragms, needle valve and blowing through I have a nasty splutter at about 2.5k revs. I have a diaphragm that I didn't use as I couldn't find anywhere to put it. I eventually found a rebuild guide in the net an it seems that this is the part load enrichment diaphragm. This would seem to be my problem but I cannot find out where it is on the carb. I have had the carb off the car twice to look for it!

trogboy

A picture paints a thousand words here. Let's have a shot of the diaphragm and a couple of your carb to annotate.

Ad

dawning

When I rebuilt my z2 recently I found the choke diaphragm is redundant I could not see any reason for it to be there its not attatched to anything. The only one it uses is the one that squirts petrol as far as I could see. I experienced a stutter as well after rebulding mine when opening the throttle at low revs, turned out I had not got the float height exactly right. The tab on the float that activates the needle valve needs to be set up very precicely, I just put my old float back in and it was fine.

My advise when rebuilding these is take pictures and make notes while taking it apart, I just pulled mine apart and it took me ages to work out how to put it back together!

Takentoxs

I will check the float first. Photos ti follow if I dint get it working properly

Takentoxs

Float was 5mm out. After a brief drive it was still spluttering(may be not as badly) but it was a bit cold. I will give it a good run tomorrow