• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bob

Emerald Vechical Speed Sensor

Mr Bob

Hello

I'm looking for some help on wiring a Emerald K3 ECU, I have everything sorted except the speed sensor.

The ecus manual describes the use of a ABS type magnetic sensor on a toothed ring on the drive shaft, which I could use but I would like to know if the standard speed sensor in the diff casing can be used? If so how is it wired up to the k3?or is it even needed?

I have sent an email to emerald about it but been 2 weeks with no reply so I phoned them and they said they can only help via emails and they will try to get to mine as soon as possible but that was 3 days ago, hoping someone on here can answer my question.

Thanks

Bob

Simes

What do you want to use that sensor for?

(Aside from detecting speed).

I'm not using one by the way.

Crank sensor.

Water temp sensor.

Air temp sensor.

Throttle pot.

That's about it!

Mr Bob

What do you want to use that sensor for?

(Aside from detecting speed).

I'm not using one by the way.

Crank sensor.

Water temp sensor.

Air temp sensor.

Throttle pot.

That's about it!

no idea, I'm guessing it doesn't require one then? the manual for the k3 has a section on it and the standard ECU had one so I thought I needed it? if not that's makes it simpler

the speedo is cable driven so doesn't need it for that but I think the ABS needs it? not sure

Simes

Ok, I'm not sure about abs as I don't have it. However I think it's a bit too prehistoric for the emerald.

Don't bother wiring in the fan either as the standalone system works well enough.

welshpug

no you wont need the vehicle soeed signal even with abs, its a separate system.

most lower level ecu's wont work with the o.e vss or abs sensors, however you can easily modify an abs ring and fit a suitable sensor if you dont have abs.

it will allow functions like launch control and in some cases boost per gear if you need

Mr Bob

Ok, I'm not sure about abs as I don't have it. However I think it's a bit too prehistoric for the emerald.

Don't bother wiring in the fan either as the standalone system works well enough.

no you wont need the vehicle soeed signal even with abs, its a separate system.

most lower level ecu's wont work with the o.e vss or abs sensors, however you can easily modify an abs ring and fit a suitable sensor if you dont have abs.

it will allow functions like launch control and in some cases boost per gear if you need

Thanks guys the very answers I was looking for

• Like 1