• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gman

Milltek Exhaust - Anyone Tried One?

Pugleyrich

Has anyone else bought one of these since the last post on this thread? I am interested to know how they sound at 70mph on the motorway and would like to hear if anyone has seen them for sale at less than £560.

Gaz205

Select a resonated one snd it'll be fine. I can't see even at 4K on the motorway them being any louder than the ones i had on my 172/182/197 and they all had a high 5th and 6th gear at motorway speeds .

hoodygoodwood

Was impressed by the sound of the Milltek 205 GTI demonstrator at French Car show 2016 , it was a 2 box system fitting the std cast manifold I believe .

Edited by hoodygoodwood

Pugleyrich

Thanks both. I'm keen to get something stainless steel and can't stand not being able to hear my radio at 70 on the motorway!

Gaz205

You could contact them and ask what rpm the system is loudest at if they did testing, but to be fair if you have the 1600 the engine is loud at 70mph anyway so what's an extra bit of noise? ????

AlexRS2782

You'll be lucky to get one under £500. The current RRP has gone up since this thread started and is now £625, although some retailers have knocked it down to around £560 at its lowest. The tuner that work on my Focus RS, and are a Milltek retailer / dealer, enquired about pricing a system earlier this year (making out it was for one of their staff cars) and even then the lowest price they could get it for was £530, so not much off the current pricing via some online sellers.

There's a vid on this thread - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=170784 - with a 205 going round Combe on track which should give you an idea of noise above certain revs / speed.

As I said on the thread with the vid, it's a shame that the system D/P isn't replicating the OE setup with the split especially when they market it as "classic / oem+". I imagine they could have replicated the split D/P, but knew that only a small section of enthusiasts would likely want the exhaust built to that spec and anyone else either won't care or even notice.

I've seen a number of their custom build manifolds / twin split / divorced port turbo downpipes that they've made for Ford RS track / race applications so it could be done, and in those cases the cost wasn't much over that of the single port downpipes. But I guess in that case it's a bigger market compared to the 205.

Edited by AlexRS2782

Pugleyrich

You could contact them and ask what rpm the system is loudest at if they did testing, but to be fair if you have the 1600 the engine is loud at 70mph anyway so what's an extra bit of noise? ????

The silencer is ruined on my Bosal and has been for some time. I'd love to hear my engine but only get the boom of the exhaust. Still, anything would be better than that.

Alex - thanks for the pricing info. I thought they had gone up! I expect I'll just pick one up at approximately £560 then and see how I get on.

Pugleyrich

For anyone interested, I bought it today from a local supplier - £530 including VAT. Now I've got to wait 4/5 weeks for it to be made...

Edited by Pugleyrich

Gaz205

For anyone interested, I bought it today from a local supplier - £530 including VAT. Now I've got to wait 4/5 weeks for it to be made...

What does it include?

AlexRS2782

What does it include?

Should be supplied as:

1 x exhaust system inc d/p, centre silencer, and rear silencer.

3 x exhaust clamps.

3 x rubber hangers / mounts.

1 x manifold to d/p fitting kit including solid metal flange seal, fire ring and 2 x nuts / bolts / springs / washers.

See posts 17 & 18 earlier on this thread, from Redtop, for his experience of fitting it, which resulted in him using different fitting bolts as the ones supplied in the kit (at the time) weren't suitable.

Gaz205

The full whack then! I look forward to seeing how you like it

Andy

I have one. Delighted with it. Excellent fit, although I had to modify the downpipe. That, however, was through no fault on the part of Miltec as I had an Mi16 engine , not the 8v one.. nice sound. Not too loud but let's you know when you give the engine the beans.

• Like 1

wicked

I have one. Delighted with it. Excellent fit, although I had to modify the downpipe. That, however, was through no fault on the part of Miltec as I had an Mi16 engine , not the 8v one.. nice sound. Not too loud but let's you know when you give the engine the beans.

2" or 2.25" ?

Andy

2.25" I am about to remove the downpipe and replace it with a Miles Horne 4-2-1 manifold. On the rolling road there were some dips in the torque curve at three RPM points that look like they are caused by an exhaust back pressure effect . Hope the manifold will help to smooth those out. I shall find out in due course.