• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

barneys66

What Other 'interesting' Vehicles Do You Own..?

Simes

Come on you can do better than that!

stain

Need to resize my pics

Kettmark

Pug 205 GTi 1.9

Maserati Granturismo 4.7s

BMW e46 330 sport

Mazda mx5

All good fun!

Contigo

Pug 205 GTi 1.9

Maserati Granturismo 4.7s

BMW e46 330 sport

Mazda mx5

All good fun!

CLose to mine

Maserati 4.7 GTS MC Shift

Maserati 3200 GTA

Pug 205 CTI

Eunos Roadster

VW Golf GTI MK1

Mazda CX-7

Sold my 205 GTI 1.6 recently. How you like the GTS?

Contigo

My latest acquisitions and both style by Pininfarina.

GTS MC Shift

13497685_10154755723390016_3699427363399​

CTI

13495155_10154755718675016_7150676777758​

wicked

Nice!!

I still find it surprising that in the UK owners of big$, fast cars like Maserati's, GT3RS, beemers and similar are still interested in 205's...

Contigo

Nice!!

I still find it surprising that in the UK owners of big$, fast cars like Maserati's, GT3RS, beemers and similar are still interested in 205's...

I guess once a PetrolHead always a petrolhead? I get as much fun out of my Golf GTI and 205's than I do from the 2 Maserati's I've but in a different way. I get as many admiring glances and smiles from members of the public in the 205 as I do in the 3200GT. The Golf was voted one of the best cars at a show last year so it's nice that people appreciate them.

I love cars and like to have an eclectic collection and one featuring some of the BEST drivers cars hence why a 205 features.

barneys66

Exactly - you've got to be pretty pretentious to not want to own/drive a 205 (or any car for that matter) just because they're at the lower end of the scale price-wise.

stain

Nice!!

For me the 205 has many happy memories going back 25yrs and this is my 4th example. Many of my cars represent what I feel are the best in their respective sector and as old school hot hatches go, the 205 is right up there. After a diet of modern metal a journey in the pug quickly shows you how bloated and dull most new cars are these days, even hot hatches.

Kambo

There are some cracking "interesting" cars on here, good to see what other wheels 205 owners are interested in

Here's mine, '93 mini, had the original 1275, enjoyed that, then tried a 1.6 honda, enjoyed that more, now shoe horned in a 2.0 honda vtec, no front extension, all about stealth so still running on its original 12" steel wheels and still enjoying it now

weddingspray1.jpg

Sharing its domain with its long lost "cousin"

snap11.jpg

• Like 2

309jazzpanda

Wow you can really tell how different 205 owners are now than a few years a go. Must be all these investors ha ha. Nothing too special here a 2000 BMW E39 estate aka "Tirpitz", 206 hdi 200K mile special,'87 panda 4X4 in much need of some tlc and a 309 road rally car which I will sell Anthe drop of a hat for an e30 BMW

Edited by 309jazzpanda

barneys66

That Mini's awesome !! I love a sleeper :ph34r::D

Edited by barneys66

GLPoomobile

There are some cracking "interesting" cars on here, good to see what other wheels 205 owners are interested in

Here's mine, '93 mini, had the original 1275, enjoyed that, then tried a 1.6 honda, enjoyed that more, now shoe horned in a 2.0 honda vtec, no front extension, all about stealth so still running on its original 12" steel wheels and still enjoying it now

weddingspray1.jpg

Sharing its domain with its long lost "cousin"

snap11.jpg

What are the hoses on the front of the cam cover for? They aren't usually on the Honda engine are they? And how is the packaging in terms of radiator etc? Must be tighter than a nuns chuff with no front end extension! Looks so cool being totally standard and sleeper like on the outside though.

stain

That must fly!

Kambo

What are the hoses on the front of the cam cover for? They aren't usually on the Honda engine are they? And how is the packaging in terms of radiator etc? Must be tighter than a nuns chuff with no front end extension! Looks so cool being totally standard and sleeper like on the outside though.

They are breather hoses as this is a frankenstein engine, early CRV non vtec block mated to a later B series vtec head, new line is fed for the vtec oil pickup, chuck a few goodies on and away you go, currently running 200hp 150 torque but its not fully tuned yet, in all honesty it doesn't need any more!

shoot9.jpg

shoot11.jpg

shoot13.jpg

Yep its tight mate, like proper tight :lol:

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

Love it

Kettmark

CLose to mine

Maserati 4.7 GTS MC Shift

Maserati 3200 GTA

Pug 205 CTI

Eunos Roadster

VW Golf GTI MK1

Mazda CX-7

Sold my 205 GTI 1.6 recently. How you like the GTS?

Feels special every time I drive it. Only use it weekends. Intended it rep!among the BMW but doing too many miles for work so keeping that until it dies.

Need rear seat for young son so nothing to compare to the GTS.

johniban

Love the mini! that must be engine out job to do any work on it?

Should make a removeable front

Kambo

Love the mini! that must be engine out job to do any work on it?

Should make a removeable front

Appreciate the kind words mate

People have made these where that happens but thats not me, I like (believe it or not) an easier life so the front is removable, hey at least the stealth part is still working eh? :)

242.jpg

Absolute top kudos to the guys who have to take the whole lump out to do any work

• Like 1

Goliath

A new interesting addition today, his 'n' hers!

20160724_144119.jpg

• Like 1

Kambo

C5's without the side indicators?

Oh man, I had a +2 aka 128k, ok not the same but you get where I'm coming from :D

Awesome purchase, time to open a museum...

barneys66

Bumping this up for the newbies, plus just bought our Smart Roadster back off the ex-wife.

Surprisingly reliable over the 6+ years we owned it, it recently developed a cutting-out issue so she lost confidence in it and bought a Cooper S instead. So, this will be broken for spares, unfortunately. Shame, as it was a real hoot to drive with a 119bhp map and six-speed flappy paddles, and was packed with options.

DSC00763_zpsywmbltfq.jpg

DSC00761_zps82dxupyk.jpg

Anthony

Is it not worth fixing for what sounds on paper like a fairly simple fault?

Or is this potentially a symptom of more serious electrical woes that I know these can suffer from - something related to water ingress into ECUs if I recall?

barneys66

Is it not worth fixing for what sounds on paper like a fairly simple fault?

Or is this potentially a symptom of more serious electrical woes that I know these can suffer from - something related to water ingress into ECUs if I recall?

I had given that some thought, as research would suggest a £40 crank sensor, but some scrote also keyed the nearside so it would need replacement panels or paint there too (the photos above are when we first bought it). The SAM / ECU has been fine on this one - I think we got one of the good ones as it's never leaked!

Being realistic, even if I fixed the above, at 120k it's probably worth £1,500 at best, but hopefully a relatively easy £2k+ in bits.

Simes

A new interesting addition today, his 'n' hers!

20160724_144119.jpg

My cousin was the 11th person to buy one of those. I remember having a go in it in the mid eighties. He still has it, gathering dust somewhere.

Nice collection there with the 7 and the gorgeous 304.