• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

barneys66

What Other 'interesting' Vehicles Do You Own..?

Andy_C

TVR MPV - winner so far. Bloody love it!

Tom Fenton

TVR Griffith 500

A mate of mine had one of these, I drove it a few times, beast of a thing, but I can't imagine it would be all that different to your Cerbera?

Simes

Mercedes 280SL (Pagaoda roof)

Citroen DS

Citroen SM

This is going to take a while....

Great choices and the Cerbera is a dab machine.

Pagoda's have gone silly money in the last 3 years.

I was in a position to buy a DS a few years back but stopped. Kicking myself now as one in fair condition is 15k minimum. Chapron convertibles are north of 150k.

Out of those only the SM prices have remained stable over the last 15 years, fear of engine rebuilds I think!

Bogsye

Cheers all - I've only every driven a Chimera 4.0 Rover V8, so not massively experienced in comparing. The AJP certainly delivers the goods, and for me anyway seems much more drivable than most people claim. It's okay on a commute. I chuckle as I overtake hybrid cars in my car that smells like a petrol refinery on the move. I've probably undone the carbon offsetting of 2,000 of them by this stage.

Turning circle - hmmh. Like a small bus, and goes right better than it does left. I suspect I have lock-stops on the rack, from when it had 18" spiders on it. Something for my winter list.

The dampers are Nitrons and I think need a refresh.

Following my S2000 wipe out in 2010, some would question my sanity in buying this. I tend to treat it with the greatest of respect, just incase.....

Bogsye

Great choices and the Cerbera is a dab machine.

Pagoda's have gone silly money in the last 3 years.

I was in a position to buy a DS a few years back but stopped. Kicking myself now as one in fair condition is 15k minimum. Chapron convertibles are north of 150k.

Out of those only the SM prices have remained stable over the last 15 years, fear of engine rebuilds I think!

Yep Pagoda's were once quite reasonably priced - not any more. I read up about early 911's with the intention of building an RS recreation, but even later SC's have gone up a fair bit.

I forgot to add - BMW E9 coupe. Same deal. A few years ago 20k for a mint CSL seemed ambitious. Not anymore either.... (really sad face)

The e9 was a childhood fascination. A neighbour had a Fjiord Blue CSA. Okay it was an auto, but the shape was brilliant.

Simes

E9

Alfa Guilia (105)

2002tii

911t and s

Were all once easily affordable

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

My money all went into property......

arbor

Owned these for years now:

85 Paris blue XR2

91 White 309 GTi none sunroof

89 White XR2 MSA log booked ex rally car

I've always tried to bring something interesting back to life every year as a project. Last few years have been 92 Legacy Turbo Saloon, 94 Subaru MV1800 pick up, 96 Subaru Impreza Turbo, 81 Fiesta Supersport, 83 Fiesta XR2 x 2 Caspian blue and Sunburst red. The welding alone has been epic on some of them.. :huh:

nveeate

Cheers all - I've only every driven a Chimera 4.0 Rover V8, so not massively experienced in comparing. The AJP certainly delivers the goods, and for me anyway seems much more drivable than most people claim. It's okay on a commute. I chuckle as I overtake hybrid cars in my car that smells like a petrol refinery on the move. I've probably undone the carbon offsetting of 2,000 of them by this stage.

Turning circle - hmmh. Like a small bus, and goes right better than it does left. I suspect I have lock-stops on the rack, from when it had 18" spiders on it. Something for my winter list.

The dampers are Nitrons and I think need a refresh.

Following my S2000 wipe out in 2010, some would question my sanity in buying this. I tend to treat it with the greatest of respect, just incase.....

I had a 4.0 Chimaera and found it a bit slow....replaced it with a 4.5 Chimaera, which was much much better. They're very agricultural though in terms of technology and construction! In terms of turning circle, I found that a bit of steering lock and excessive throttle application made for very neat equivalents of three-point turns ;)

I always fancied going to an AJP or a Tuscan Straight 6, but despite looking at a few, it never quite happened. Your Cerbera looks lovely - the interiors are a work of art!

Edited by nveeate

Bogsye

Thanks Nveeate.

I test drove a Chim 400 at AM Sportscars in Dalkeith. Having never met Alan before he handed e the keys and let me head out on my own. It was great except for the first button roundabout that I had to tackle. That was a challenge.

I think the Speed 6 is a nice engine - I'd probably have a Tuscan if it wasn't for the wholeTVR MPV requirement for the kids. The Cerbera certainly is quick. Even on a straight bit of road you can feel it wriggle under hard acceleration - a damp road and careless use would equal a dramatic change of direction. Definitely agricultural as you say, but bags of charm. The sound of a fibreglass doorshell is never going to sound like a VW. In fact it's actually quite cringeworthy.

As an Engineer I'm probably more won over by TVR having the balls/sheer madness to go down the route of developing not just one, but two engine formats.

Just been out and cued it up on the driveway for the run tomorrow to the office Can't wait!!

Looking back over this thread the forum collective certainly owns a fantastic and diverse array of cars.

Brian

Bogsye

Lotus Carlton, 26K miles and three previous owners

P1050916_666x500.jpg

P1050938_666x500.jpg

MkII Jensen Interceptor

jensen.jpg

and 3 205, but I guess you know what they look like :D

Interceptors rock - looks like the market is finally giving them the respect they deserve As a youngster there was one that sat at a local garage - it was a bit of a shed. Red with the sill trims and wheels were gold. On our evening dog walk my father and I still stopped to admire it. That was probably 1985/86 and it was a later series model.

Daviewonder

I'm so not rich enough for this thread :(

• Like 2

nveeate

I think the Speed 6 is a nice engine - I'd probably have a Tuscan if it wasn't for the wholeTVR MPV requirement for the kids. The Cerbera certainly is quick. Even on a straight bit of road you can feel it wriggle under hard acceleration - a damp road and careless use would equal a dramatic change of direction. Definitely agricultural as you say, but bags of charm. The sound of a fibreglass doorshell is never going to sound like a VW. In fact it's actually quite cringeworthy.

My old 450 on a camping trip a few years back...

post-23607-0-80173500-1441921813_thumb.jpg

Edited by nveeate

Bogsye

That's nice - I'd quite like to get those later lights on the Cerbera. Looks to be a paint and fibreglass job though.. I've got a speed 12 lamp arrangement on the front, so I reckon it would match better.

GLPoomobile

I'm so not rich enough for this thread :(

Amen to that! :(

nveeate

Amen to that! :(

The Chimaera pic above was a one owner 45k mile car and cost £9k - there are people paying that for low mileage 205 GTIs now! I think the one before that was £6.5k - ok, perhaps not pocket money but both sold with zero loss, even allowing for maintenance......free cars!

Jez G

Here's mine

post-7026-0-88113100-1442077803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jez G
  • Like 1

nveeate

Is that a wrap?

Paul_13

No that's a colour scheme by Peugeot. Not to my taste imo

DBG

Here's mine

They look great together. Very nice.

• Like 1

aldworth33

Ditto on the not rich enough part lol I have a focus estate as my daily while I'm fixing up my 205, v reg cost me 650quid :)

Some great cars you all have, nveeate's Aston is beautiful I saw it when I picked up some seats from him a year or so ago. But I'm not really an Aston man they all look a bit samey to me even if they did stick with it because it is popular.

The tvr is great I got a remote control t350 for Christmas when I was 12 and always wanted one ever since, it's a shame they went belly up as they were crazy cars and that's the best kind of car imo.

The lotus Carlton and jenson are great too there was an old boy with a lotus Carlton in my town where I was growing up and he absolutely hammered my brothers mate in a mk3 golf gti on the bypass one day when we in the golf tried to overtake he put the hammer down and left us for dust

GLPoomobile

There's a guy around the corner from me with - I think - a DB9 v12. When I'm at the bus stop in the morning, the sound as it's starts from cold and then trundles up the road past me is awesome. Makes a nice change from all the twats in Evoques around our way.

steve@cornwall

Interesting?????

20140324_121044.jpg[/url

Maybe not...lol

Edited by steve@cornwall

Ramigojag

E39 M5 and very recently an E46 325ti compact

post-23543-0-08777600-1442297185_thumb.jpg

• Like 2