• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Tom Fenton

Favourite Tools

Mac Crash

Have acquired these but not exactly sure what they are for? 3/8" drive...

10xxyy1.jpg

w7kd1d.jpg

anyone?

Edited by Mac Crash

jackherer

They're called Crows Foot sockets, you use them to undo nuts on pipes and/or in awkward places.

Mac Crash

Gapped to go around pipes, I see, thanks...

ablister

Crows feet are quite handy.

Good for sensors, fuel pipes, brake pipes, difficult to reach bolts.

You'll be using them in no time :D

aldworth33

People always find uses to test their new tools, even if it doesn't need to be that specific tool it gets uses because it's shiney and new lol

• Like 1

boldy205

Another vote for ratchet spanners, love em! That and the rechargeable LED work light, lost it for a few days (under the bench!) didn't know what to do with out it!

rikky

1. Mini bit ratchet

2. Skinny skirting board crowbar

3. Shotgun

(2 of which are ever likely to be used on the 205)

My most used tool has to be my chainsaw or my Dremel

Edited by rikky

Mikey S

This is an amazing piece of kit. Used it so many times.

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=1273&item=11635

Also my sealey suspension tool gets passed around our workshop like currency!!

http://www.workshopping.co.uk/product/suspension-arm-lever/VS3815/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shop&utm_campaign=feed&gclid=CJqr6KOWrsYCFUHnwgod70AK5g

Silky

6ft scaffold pole gets my vote. Pure leverage when needed

Mac Crash

Stopped in here on Friday... http://www.gibbtools.com/ to buy a new pair of rigger boots...

Got distracted and came out with small tool purchase instead.

1. 3/8" drive Irwin nut/bolt grippers, going to go back on Monday and buy the 5pc expansion set as well.

2. Chicago Pneumatic inspection light with 12v car and mains charger (£29 inc VAT, cheapest and best I have seen so far)

3. Can of PlusGas, dismantling fluid.

IMG-20160115-02104_zpshnwsw7j0.jpg

Looked at the Rattle guns for a while... still can't decide between cordless, wired or air.... I'll get another 6 months out of the boots.

Edited by Mac Crash
  • Like 1

woodymi16

My new favourite tool, takes off drive shaft nuts in seconds

post-17804-0-88429800-1458240662_thumb.jpeg

allye

At the garage we have a 1/2' drive air line gun about half the size of that and it's insane! Chicago pneumatic.

stef205

This is my favourite tool, rated at 950nm hasnt failed to undo anything yet snapped a few sockets haha

BF21ACAD-2A27-40EB-9DA4-EC2BE319D6F6_zps

• Like 1

dynacord

I have the same, amazing tool and power. Does honda crankshaft bolt (the most stubborn bolt I've seen!)

Edited by dynacord

2-Pugs

Have to ask about the brake pipe straightener (Tom), as your link doesn't seem to work any more. I have looked them up and have found a few different types, is there any particular make or type you recommend, or equally, don't recommend?

One of my favorite tools is the Facom 'rotator' ratchet, pictured below. It works like a normal ratchet, but the grip of the handle also twists which allows you to wind up or down when there isn't much room to move the ratchet handle (or you only have space for a couple of clicks at a time, type of thing). I have the 1/4" and 1/2", a bit pricey but very nicely made.

post-86-0-61090100-1458640779.jpg

Tom Fenton

Link mended. Kwix make the one I have.

allye

Got one of those facom ratchets at the workshop, never use it though!

Tom Fenton

I have the 3/8 one, to be honest similar to above, I don't very often use it, I find it too bulky, however for the odd job with bad access it is very useful at times.

Nic G

Have to ask about the brake pipe straightener (Tom), as your link doesn't seem to work any more. I have looked them up and have found a few different types, is there any particular make or type you recommend, or equally, don't recommend?

One of my favorite tools is the Facom 'rotator' ratchet, pictured below. It works like a normal ratchet, but the grip of the handle also twists which allows you to wind up or down when there isn't much room to move the ratchet handle (or you only have space for a couple of clicks at a time, type of thing). I have the 1/4" and 1/2", a bit pricey but very nicely made.

Looks good Rob, may be useful for lots of machanical things other than a Pug.....

I'll have to go shopping for one now!

2-Pugs

Yes I agree it is bulkier than your average ratchet, but as is sometimes the case, there's some occasions where I have found it really useful...mind you that was on cars other than the 205 which have a lot less room in the engine bay!

aldworth33

Yeah seen videos of it on Facebook, looks amazing in action

Alan_M

My new favourite tool, takes off drive shaft nuts in seconds

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Which model is this?

This is my favourite tool, rated at 950nm hasnt failed to undo anything yet snapped a few sockets haha

BF21ACAD-2A27-40EB-9DA4-EC2BE319D6F6_zps

Again, which model is this?

feb

I tried to remove the top mount nut from a set of Subaru shocks I had lying around and my Clarke one wouldn't shift toffee.

Took them to TGM and their battery powered Milwakee (as above I think) undid them without hassle!

Edited by feb