• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Mac Crash

Drove to the MOT station where the tester kindly signed and stamped the 21 day vehicle defect ticket issued by the Police last weekend for having French type number plates, then promptly removed the original dealer plates via sticky tape and carried on regardless.... are you French?, funny looking tyres them? any reason your not wearing your seatbelt? (in LIDL's car park!!!) it's been a long time since I saw a 205, well hopefully it'll be along time before you see this one again!

No complaints, but surely, they have something better to do, no?

hoodygoodwood

Rigged up a pair of strip lights and sockets in my garage so I can run them off a generator - no more working in the dark .

Refitted my passenger side front seat to my goodwood after having some loose stitching repaired .

Met a fellow 309 GTI owner so he could pick up some door cards , parcel shelf and other parts .

Slo

Spent ages trying to remove the top suspension locknut to no avail :/ and spilt gearbox oil all over the garage floor.

topped it up, gave up with the locknut and rolled her back in the garage

Zip gun will take them straight off no bother a 12volt electric one is more than enough that's what i use to do mine

• Like 1

jonXS

Zip gun will take them straight off no bother a 12volt electric one is more than enough that's what i use to do mine

i don't have one of them :(

Daviewonder

Nothing, it's raining again :(

welshpug

removed the engine and subframe from Puglet and jetwashed it with Anton's petrol jetwash, put the subframe back on.

blandy

Replaced the front pannel due to rust

jamie_1992

took the wheel off looked at it then put it back on!

boldy205

Ragged the nuts off it, set the brakes on fire and raced a Hayabusa, didn't win, but it was fun!! :D

johnhenry

worked out what was wrong with it. happy bloody days :D

allye

Looked at the engine, decided I could leave the v6 in to change the cambelt, closed the bonnet again.

Malc

After charging my battery, fired it up for the first time since installing a c30 rotrex, it runs,!!! and everything working, delighted to say the least, couple of things to do then test run, looking forward to finding out how 250BHP or so feels in a 205.

m@ttc

started taking the pipes off the engine, as i plan to rebuild it, ordered a engine stand.

pyrrhic

Found the source of some rough running: a small split in the air hose from the SAD to the intake manifold. I repaired it with electrical tape, will be ordering new hose from the Peugeout dealer later this week. My car is running much smoother now, especially at low speed.

AlexRS2782

Did all the usual checks, levels, pressures, etc, so that I can give the car a decent run tomorrow :) Last time I got to drive it was 5+ weeks ago :(

welshpug

Found the source of some rough running: a small split in the air hose from the SAD to the intake manifold. I repaired it with electrical tape, will be ordering new hose from the Peugeout dealer later this week. My car is running much smoother now, especially at low speed.

you'll be lucky to find one, all types are NFP

farmer

NFP to some anyway :lol:

• Like 1

johnhenry

if in doubt about parts, bakerbm hoses :) buy once and forget about it, good pricing with the members discount too (Y)

Mac Crash

tapes done the job, why replace it? it's a hose pipe, clean and glue the split, save money, and keep it completely original... if you clean it properly then glue will do the job.... don't need to tell you that as you are clever enough to have found the problem! or buy bespoke hose which is probably better anyway, who cares if it's made by Peugeot?

calvinhorse

I'd rather buy new off baker, genuine peugeot rubber hose has been sitting around on shelfs for years and will be dry and crusty, it'll probably crack as you push it on.

Baker hoses are fit and forget and most probably cheaper than genuine

farmer

Disagree Calvin, all the hoses I have had have been great.

Had just about all the water hoses, air and oil breathers with no issues after 2-3 years now.

calvinhorse

Said the salesman roflololol

How do the prices compare?

• Like 2