• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

steve@cornwall

Not today, but last weekend. Replaced the mangled door as I got fed up waiting for taxi company. Cue a very tetchy phone call to them tomorrow! On the plus side, re-greasing the window guides has done wonders for the operation of the electric window.

Tom Fenton

Local motor club point to point road rally in the 1600 turbo tonight.

Did pretty well in some appalling weather conditions, some terrible standing water.

My navigator did overall a very good job but an unfortunate brain fart cost us about 7 or 8 mins in a detour in the wrong direction and subsequent back tracking.

At the finish we were also late back by 4 min so were expecting mid table at absolute best.

As it turns out despite our errors we had obviously been covering ground at a good pace, so finished 2nd overall, pleased with that.

• Like 3

wicked

Quick test fit of something I got delivered...

360.jpg​

Scarce as hen's teeth... Only 5 made ever. This is #5.

iPlod999

Renewed my insurance with Adrian Flux.

Quote came in at £250 odd.

Finished up with £87.

Love being an older git.

Edited by iPlod999

toolie72

Changed diff seals (washed my hair in old gear oil!!)

Changed timing cover end crank seal (weeping out)

Found valve guides fecked

Poxy list never gets smaller-lucky I forget most things now

205Rallee

Bought a set of new Siem driving light reflectors from Desborough Designs as one of my lights was starting to go rusty, (the one I replaced ten years ago and waxoyled the back of is still perfect). Only took a sharp knife to cut the sealant off the original reflector, five minutes with the dremel to get the bulb holder to fit the new reflector, ten minutes with the t cut etc to polish up the lens, sealed it back up again and put it next to the fire to help the sealant go off. Oh and re painted the original surround. Cost crca £25 in total and I've got a spare reflector if the other one ever rots out. Much less hassle than paying £200 odd quid for some off French e bay, still looks exactly OEM but npw looks brand new :) Result!

AlexRS2782

Got mine running again after the non start issue last week.

Decided not to get a new battery but instead get the old battery out of the car and put it on charge this morning - showed as fully charged in 2 hours so that saved some ££ not having to buy a new battery. Whacked it back on the car, re-greased the battery terminals with the gunky stuff, and before that cleaned / tidied the wiring for both + / - terminals just incase. I also swapped out the techo relay for a decent spare one I had.

Hooked the power back up, and the car fired into life first go, so hopefully that's sorted now :) Obviously one, or a combination of the above (I'm currently leaning on the tacho relay tbh), sorted the issue so hopefully I can give the car a decent run tomorrow (unless typing this has now jinxed me :lol: )

Edited by AlexRS2782

calvinhorse

Quick test fit of something I got delivered...

360.jpgâ

Scarce as hen's teeth... Only 5 made ever. This is #5.

More info???? ????

wicked

Cast manifold for xu9j4 with t25 flange... A bit similar like the turbo technics manifold. Bit restrictive, but compact and cast.

Found it really by accident.

Edited by wicked

Tom Fenton

For my next trick, and this could be even more difficult than getting it to bits, finding the spare bushes I know I have got, somewhere....

https://flic.kr/p/Zd1qYk

Found the b@$¥@%*$ !

Soda law they were in the last place I looked.... :D

Kane

Hired a trailer to uplift the 205 from the in-laws today as I've lost my storage space at theirs due to them selling up, how inconsiderate...

Winter restoration on the driveway anyone?

pugdamo

Fitted a new coolant housing on the rear of the block, and so far no spots of coolant on the floor. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

Mac Crash

Pressing worn radius arm shafts out... imagined this was going to be a painful exercise but was very quick
and easy work with a 10 ton floor press and blow torch.

YxdS072.jpg

toolie72

Built spare head back up-am I just Old and cantankerous or is checking shims etc a pain?

Or both the above

Tom Fenton

Pressing worn radius arm shafts out... imagined this was going to be a painful exercise but was very quick

and easy work with a 10 ton floor press and blow torch.

They press out quite easily. Save your gas next time, as there's no need to heat the casting up.

Alan77

Gave it a clean, stuck a tenner in it and drove it round the best local country roads for an hour.

Mac Crash

They press out quite easily. Save your gas next time, as there's no need to heat the casting up.

All but one released with a tell tale "pop" - didn't want to exert too much force, but thanks for the tip.

Edited by Mac Crash

Anthony

Usually about 6 tons to get it moving and then 1-2 tons to press it out. Done loads of them over the years.

As Tom says, no need for heat.

Wallby

Spanner check and packing ready for combe tomorrow!

wicked

Did a trackday on TT assen circuit with the local Renault club last week; cooling down after a good blast with 2 clio's on semi's:

360.jpg​

Edited by wicked
  • Like 1

jeremy

Sat in mine and grinned like a teenager with spots sporting a baseball cap backwards. Why you may ask, well firstly I managed to solve my problem of water keep pouring out of the expansion tank due to a duff thermostat. However the saddest reason I wired up the stereo. Considering for the last nine years I hadn't used the car and only then with the audio not properly set up. So I can now confirm that my two ten inch subs running off an amp plus doors and rear pillars all amped I can now join the McDonald's car park crew lol! Still needs loads of work before an MOT but just got a bit closer.

• Like 1

toolie72

Took it home from dads garage after working on it at nights for the last week

Took van back up to get the rags,rubbish etc

I’m a dead man when the old boy gets back from his hols #stained garage floor oops

pp205

I thought it was a bad idea booking an mot for Friday 13th but it hasn't passed first time for 5 years so went on and did it.....it only went and passed!

I'm currently shocked and amazed!

• Like 2