• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Robbiedundy

Steel grey, yeah. You don't want to see it it's a mess!

hoodygoodwood

Had my new Intercomp E-Z weigh scales delivered this week , have made/modified some ramps to suit them so I set it all up today and weighed my new 309 . I couldn't get the 4 pads set up perfectly flat so the corner weights are unreliable but it weighs 906.5 KG with a third of a tank of fuel . Once I get some packing pieces made up and my laser sorted out I will set it all up again and check the corner weights with the driver on board then see if I can improve them by adjusting ride height .

Thijs_Rallye

Thrashed around all Saturday and I am very pleased with the torque and power output of the "new" engine. Also the grip with the Quaife ATB is a nice bonus. It's not similar to a plated one but this one is definitely easier cruise around with.

Suspension still needs some fine tuning, the ride is a bit too bumpy which will not help handling in high speed turns. I need to figure out if the rebound needs stiffening or loosening up.

boldy205

Bought two new R888Rs in preparation for Thruxton next Friday!

Thijs_Rallye

Made a dump of the original eprom, managed to get it uploaded into the Ostrich and got the car running with it :D.

Still long ways to go in regards of actually understanding what I am doing :P.

205Rallee

Took my 1.9 for a 150 mile drive out for the afternoon, still running better and better as it gets more miles under its wheels. Lots of interest wherever it goes. Brilliant fun driving home in the dark, sunroof open and first time using headlights this year, they are amazingly good on full beam with big bulbs in the headlights and driving lamps.

Edited by 205Rallee

AlexRS2782

Removed the K&N induction filter and gave it a clean. As a result I also managed to annoy / disturb the massive spider that's made a home behind my passenger side headlight.

Filter is now currently drying, as per instructions, and will be re-oiled tomorrow and refitted Monday

Simes

Hoovered and cleaned the inside for the first time in a very long time.

AlexRS2782

Any news on the spider?

He, or she, is still happily housed behind the inner Morette headlight backing after the filter was removed. I decided to crimp a plastic bag over the inlet hose hole to ensure it didn't move in there instead.

At least the presence of the spider confirmed why one section of the filter in particular had quite a few dead / crispy parts of previously digested and discarded insects / flys, etc, stuck in the pleats.

Thijs_Rallye

Buggered around in WinOLS and TunerPro for days trying to get some maps into view. It is starting to get discouraging to say the least. Either electronics is not my cup of tea or I am just too impatient.

S@m

Finally made a hybrid lower column for my xsara rack. Not too hard a task in the end.

Simes

Drove to Goodwood, very restrained.

Some weird rev counter issues popped up. I suspect there's an electrical issue I need to look at, including starter motor.

Anthony

Just a small thing, but one that's been bugging me for months - replaced the badly shrunk outer window scrappers with some 106 ones I picked up from the scrapyard.

Before, with unsightly gap:

DSC_0072.jpg

... and after with the snug fitting replacement:

DSC_0073.jpg

The profile/shape isn't quite the same, but 99% of people wouldn't notice the difference without the original to compare against, they fit very well and unquestionably are a massive improvement over what I had before. Those wanting something concours worthy will have to look elsewhere, but for those of us that aren't too fussed on absolute originality, I think they work well :)

Anthony

Length wise it's pretty much bang on correct for a 205 and as such they fit without trimming, or certainly the used (and presumably slightly shrunken) one I fitted was - I don't know if a new part would be fractionally too long.

For confirmation, that's a 3dr 106 window scrapper and a 3dr 205 door. I assume that Saxo ones are the same as 106, certainly looked it at a glance in the scrappy.

Telf

Am I right in thinking Peugeot museum are selling replacement window scrappers now?

Simes

Went to drive it, battery flat.

Odd as it was fine 2 weeks ago.

Out with the testing gear........soon!

hoodygoodwood

That's good to know about the window scrapers , don't bin the old shrunken 3 door scraper - donate it to someone with a 5 door 205 or 309 , you can cut them down to fit .

As for new scrapers the Peugeot museum are making them , BBM are in the process of remanufacturing them and someone on Ebay is flogging some that are quite different to the originals .

Edited by hoodygoodwood

Gaz205

That's good to know about the window scrapers , don't bin the old shrunken 3 door scraper - donate it to someone with a 5 door 205 or 309 , you can cut them down to fit .

As for new scrapers the Peugeot museum are making them , BBM are in the process of remanufacturing them and someone on Ebay is flogging some that are quite different to the originals .

And I've seen 2 people now say that 106 ones are a good fit

Roon

Had it mapped. Was awake for 26 hours straight and covered 660 miles and got stuck in the M3 'incident'. But worth the drive I just had. Awesome fun!

• Like 1

pugdamo

Looked into a coolant leak, I now need to add the coolant outlet on the back of the block to the list.

Tom Fenton

37299046566_e9562a4a9b_z.jpgUntitled by Tom Fenton, on Flickr

Swapped an LSD into a different gearbox last night, the clutch shaft bushes were not very good so I decided to remove the clutch arm to be able to sort the bushes.

What an utter pig. Couldn't move the pin so ended up drilling it out and belting out the remains. But then trying to get the arm off the shaft, Gordon Bennett.

Large puller to the ready, still couldn't shift it. Finally gave it the good news with the gas torch and eventually got it to move!

For my next trick, and this could be even more difficult than getting it to bits, finding the spare bushes I know I have got, somewhere....

• Like 1

Anthony

For my next trick, and this could be even more difficult than getting it to bits, finding the spare bushes I know I have got, somewhere....

Order a new pair from Peugeot. You can guarantee that the ones you've already got will turn up 5 minutes after you put the phone down :lol:

AlexRS2782

Woke up this morning with the intention of taking the car for a good run. Sadly it never happened.

Firstly due to discovering, at some point last night, someone had the intention of either nicking my Morette headlights or just wanted to cause some damage to the car. I assume they either gave up, or were disturbed by someone / something, as the passenger side headlight had suffered one broken mounting bracket and was quite loose as they'd clearly tried to pull / lever it out, but thankfully they'd not managed to get it out completely.

So basically I spent the late morning / early afternoon fixing the passenger Morette / mounting bracket before refitting it.

Secondly, once that was done I decided to hook up the battery and fire the Pug up but nothing happened just the click / clunk from the starter :( The dash lights did look rather dim and the central locking rather slow to work when the power was circling, so I'm going to chuck a new 063 on tomorrow (as the current battery is the one I fitted way back when I bought the car in '08) and see if that helps matters.

If not, i'll have to look into whether the immobiliser on the car has finally decided to lock the car out (it has been an issue intermittently before) or whether the fuelling system needs a check as the pump didn't sound like it was priming, plus that and the relevant relays are probably one of the few things that haven't been touched / replaced since I bought the car 9 years ago.

Still rather peeved about the Morette headlight damage but I guess it could have been worse. Part of me is just hoping it was some random moron doing damage rather than theft as otherwise I'd have expected parts like the red trims to have disappeared. Still I guess now the 205 is catching up with the similar era Ford RS / Golf GTI's, etc, this sort of thing isn't going to be uncommon if someone really wants to help themselves to rare parts that fetch a premium :(

Edited by AlexRS2782