• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

farmer

I had to use an aftermarket gasket as my local Peugeot dealer no longer lists them.

Would you smear both sides of the gasket with grease?

What bolts would you use to fill the hole? Dont the heads hit on the inlet manifold?

He didn't look very hard, part avalaible straight away

dannydub

He didn't look very hard, part avalaible straight away

Called another dealer and they don't list one either!

welshpug

try warners in tewkesbury.

Robbiedundy

Pushed it out of the shed, never to return.

Heap of scrap

toolie72

Pushed it out of the shed, never to return.

Heap of scrap

Do I detect a lovers spat?

dannydub

Had an MOT done on Tuesday

Sorted the failure and advisories yesterday

Now have a MOT with no advisories! Time to put it back in the garage for winter

acox99

Put it away for winter at the weekend, made a list of winter jobs, a good friend couldn't bear to see it outside and offered me a space with his VW's unfortuneatly it was raining so needs a dam good clean, but my inox group N stainless exhaust has turned up today. Just need a buy a new bolster foam and I'm good to go for a few weekends. 

IMG_7125.JPG

Edited by acox99

Ozymandis

Junkie scum, this mornings twattery. The drivers door is snapped, when they gave up they threw a house brick at the windscreen and kicked dents in the drivers side panels also smashed the radio. They used a piece of scaffold with the end bashed flat to snap the door and bent the doorshut/roof a bit. They used the same pole to destroy the wheel, column, column switches and dash. Also a dent in the roof where the screen rubber meets the roofline from the brick.  Halfords/Autolok  worked .

DCFC0209.JPG

Tom Fenton

f***s sake, the rat bastards.

• Like 1

allye

That’s crazy, you going to save it?

• Like 1

Ozymandis
2 hours ago, allye said:

That’s crazy, you going to save it?

Yes, it will be driving again by the end of today. I have a bare door on a scrapper I will build up with my lock etc.

I had to get one of my others out , re comission it, mot, tax and insure it , so its cost about £550 so far.

I have a few spare cars and breakers so have all the bits, Im paying a windscreen guy  to change the screen in an hour or so ,he said 25 to 30 quid. I just cut the spare screen rubber out it was easy.

Im getting an disklok as they have no gaps to allow a scaffold to be inserted.

• Like 1

Ozymandis

Further, screens in, he charged me £20, I forced £25 on him, been for a drive in it just the wheel to move around on the splines and the door to fit. Started to piss down and I have 2 cars in bits in the workshop so been doing it outside, packed up for the day. My next door neighbour had a concrete block through his back window, and a sparky up the road had his van done, no tools so they slashed his tyres.

Andya

Awful news, but glad you can get it sorted! 

• Like 1

cybernck

@Dundy53 I presume you've told the new owner about the forum? :)

jeremy

Yesterday and today I put two new outer cv gators on with my new pneumatic cv boot stretching tool. Upgraded the radio, I shouldn't laugh it is the second one in a month and the wheels haven't even turned! 

Jobs left to do, new wiper blades, fill gearbox oil up, put new anti freeze in, and put wheels back on. Finally MOT yeah!

Tom Fenton
6 minutes ago, jeremy said:

Yesterday and today I put two new outer cv gators on with my new pneumatic cv boot stretching tool. Upgraded the radio, I shouldn't laugh it is the second one in a month and the wheels haven't even turned! 

Jobs left to do, new wiper blades, fill gearbox oil up, put new anti freeze in, and put wheels back on. Finally MOT yeah!

Sorry to say, the stretch boots do not last all that long, in order to make them stretchy the rubber isn’t as durable. You can buy genuine GKN boots from Euros which are what I use, a little more Work dismantling the shaft but once done last a long time.

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Took my Turbo 205 up to John Sleath today for a couple of tweaks to the map. With that done it’s now time to cancel the tax and put it away for winter.

wicked
38 minutes ago, Tom Fenton said:

Sorry to say, the stretch boots do not last all that long, in order to make them stretchy the rubber isn’t as durable. You can buy genuine GKN boots from Euros which are what I use, a little more Work dismantling the shaft but once done last a long time.

I need to do this, but haven't done it before; are there clips on the joint that I need to replace (= buy before I start) or can I just knock the joint from the axle and back on?

welshpug

good boot kits come with any clips you'll need.

worth noting that with many 1.6 and base model shafts the outer joint is a non separable tripod type, so you need to pop the inner joint apart and drift off the inner tripod from its splines, rather more long-winded but gives you a chance to inspect the joint and refresh the grease.

jeremy

Not to worry Tom I will be lucky if i do more than 2k a year anyway!

Anthony

Put it into storage for the winter in a friends lockup and SORN'd it.

First time in 15 years odd I'm not going to have atleast one 205 parked outside my house :(

wicked
12 hours ago, welshpug said:

good boot kits come with any clips you'll need.

worth noting that with many 1.6 and base model shafts the outer joint is a non separable tripod type, so you need to pop the inner joint apart and drift off the inner tripod from its splines, rather more long-winded but gives you a chance to inspect the joint and refresh the grease.

I have the Peugeot kit on the shelf, so that will work out fine. Tnx

AlexRS2782
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, Dundy53 said:

Sold it :D

Good job on the two people who collected it matching the colour of their jackets to their pickup :lol: