• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

MikeyMike

Replaced driving lights and O/S/F indicator lens. Refitted boot mat. Investigated vibration when coming off throttle since recent engine rebuild - looks like 4 branch manifold touching the bulk head :(

And finally replaced all for tyres with new.

kyepan

I scooped this out of the passenger footwell.

ScreenShot2014-01-15at101507_zps18c3df86​

• Like 1

welshpug

Tried to start it, no volts, added volts, no fuel.

Gave up.

More coffee (not beer o clock yet)

Going to prod zx in a bit.

• Like 1

allye

That's a minor leak Justin!

All I do is research various bits bobs until I can lay my hands on it in March <_<

acox99

Removed rear lights, cleaned light units, lenses and seal.

Counting down the days until Saturday until I can do some proper work on it again.

pip470

I fitted the cylinder head to my new engine.

post-8104-0-32165400-1389793709_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1

pip470

Now on.

post-8104-0-34027500-1389793838_thumb.jpg

willis

I looked underneath and was amazed to see zero oil on the floor beneath even though she's been sat there for five months out of this crap weather down here in Devon!

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

I scooped this out of the passenger footwell.

Bloody Hell :( That puts the small amount I get in mine in torrential rain to shame.

m@ttc

treated the gear selection rubber seals inside out and outside of the floor hole with seal restorer.

gaz832

opened the garage door had a big sigh and thought nah cant be arsed. closed doors again lol.

• Like 2

lagonda

Nothing.

But....I have spent the past 4 days searching for a braided brake hose I want to fit, the rear one. Still no luck...but on the plus side, I've found the dog's missing bone (even though I was only looking for the missing ball), the missing ball, and the missing June 2013 Automobile magazine. Perhaps I should get the dog to look, as he's obviously hopeless at finding bones and balls. Just to cheer me up, yesterday I found bl**dy mice had eaten holes in my tonneau cover. At least with the CTi itself, all they do is hide nuts around the spark plugs.

• Like 1

farmer

Started to remove the body arch mouldings in preparation to start fitting new ones I found.

• Like 1

Paul_13

Refitted my strut brace and battery. Only to find the battery was flat as a pancake after having it on charge for 2 days

Then I

Gave up

Slo

Nothing.

But....I have spent the past 4 days searching for a braided brake hose I want to fit, the rear one. Still no luck...but on the plus side, I've found the dog's missing bone (even though I was only looking for the missing ball), the missing ball, and the missing June 2013 Automobile magazine. Perhaps I should get the dog to look, as he's obviously hopeless at finding bones and balls. Just to cheer me up, yesterday I found bl**dy mice had eaten holes in my tonneau cover. At least with the CTi itself, all they do is hide nuts around the spark plugs.

I found a mouse nest in my boot after last winter though thankfully all they had chewed was paperwork that was left inside it, if you want another tonneau cover i've got a spare.

Just been out to mine and warmed it up till the fan came on then drained the radiator, gave the engine a good dousing with wd40,

removed the battery and put it on charge, locked it up see you in april skip ;)

lewis205cti

Sanding and yet more sanding.... :(

• Like 1

Daviewonder

First dry weekend of the year. Got the rear drum brakes built back up with new shoes, cylinders, fitting kit and cables. Adjusted up the rear beam after it's rebuild last year.

jonXS

dismantling the head, to find why the head gasket had blown.

the oil was almost like kfc gravy

temporary_zps0a234811.jpg

mmm tasty

jamie_1992

fitted a new wishbone and had a big clear out of bits

TT205

Unexpectedly had to pump a tyre up and been for a Razz!! (once she finally demisted!)

johnhenry

Cleaned it for a couple of hours in the sunshine

Messed around with the dizzy (tried to set it up a bit better than before). got it running much better.

Took it out for a drive, got it mucky again

PERFECT SUNDAY

ginger205

Finally took the grinder to the rear quarter pannels

3FA6598C-D644-4E60-9B99-29E969D3245D.jpg

welshpug

nice! I've been doing similar to a friends 205, not that hard really when you get into it.

welshpug

naah, the hard bit I find is figuring where to start, the rest is easy enough and I let my mate Anton do that bit anyway :lol: