• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

acox99

As the sun was out, and I had the luck of the workshop to myself today I thought I would crack on and finish repairing the inner wing. If only the days would stay dry and bright I might get it back in the road for summer time.

Before

4AC0057A-133F-41B7-8812-6883BD5A4050_zps

After

6AF073C8-DAF6-4215-BB13-FFB4A0DCF0BF_zps

Right hand side finished and painted

0AC9FC89-9E5B-45E8-8967-513035E36D3E_zps

F33A501B-354A-460E-9FB8-1DEF0C85F8F8_zps

• Like 3

marksorrento205

Abused the f*ck out of mine ;)

• Like 1

Simes

I need to do that to mine.

Apart from that I walked past it, thinking I must drive you soon - pretty much what I've done every day for the last 6 weeks.

Alan77

I drained the rainwater out of my interior light

• Like 2

pugdamo

Drove it out of the garage where its been sat since november so i could put a cambelt on my dads megane,then put it back again.

Juttie205

Pushed my out of garage tidied garage thought about doing some work then pushed back in and went back on the ps4 :)

calvinhorse

Nothing to a 205 but I stroked my 309 and called my 405 a c*nt and told it I hated it

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

dcc

Drove it. Pretty f***ing awesome eh?

1048363_10100349883938817_1678497581_o.j

Edited by dcc
  • Like 1

speno

I've put a blanket on her to stop her getting cold tonight

• Like 2

Mac Crash

Drove it. Pretty f***ing awesome eh?

Yeah man!!! :) now wash it!!!

Jacked up the beam onto axle stands and put the rear section of my Magnex back on after it came off on the M90 at ***mph... little warning and very lucky, came off the first slip road and circled back on myself to find the big shiny stainless steel thing lying on the hard shoulder, why does stuff always find the hard shoulder? just very, very glad no one was affected by it... thank Christ!

Caused by using a clamp that was too big at the time of fitment and taking the play up at the joint with the middle section with an alloy sleeve... and forgetting all about it, lesson learned the hard way. Every trip in the 205 is an adventure :wacko: needless to say correct 54mm u-clamp now fitted and lockwired just in case.

Gti back on the road :)

• Like 1

tartanbloke

Drove the old girl 320 miles to Scotland to see the parents and then drove 320 miles back home today. Averaged 37 mpg, the oil pressure indicator, the oil temp and the engine temp indicators never moved and she drove as great as she looks!!!

I love my old gti

• Like 3

dobboy

Nothing to a 205 but I stroked my 309 and called my 405 a c*nt and told it I hated it

Classic!

That made me lol

• Like 1

dobboy

I've put a blanket on her to stop her getting cold tonight

Electric I hope

• Like 1

speno

Electric I hope

It was outside so sadly no

Other stuff I did was drop the engine out of the white thing , remove the rust and paint ,weld front end up , and prep for paint ( It was was going to be a easy project i thought ;0)

d7ve_b

Pulled it out the garage and took it for a spin up the road, then put it back in again ready for servicing before it potentially goes up for sale :(

welshpug

Sod all since i bought a BMW in november, tax and mot ran out though its still insured.

Its going to have a rest in the garage soon when the zx gets dragged out for some welding, then the 205 will get some welding too!

AlexRS2782

Took the car for a drive to clear out the damp / moisture from the rain getting past the boot/rear window seals after the recent heavy rain.

Also treated the car to a few spares after I found a local dealer on eBay clearing out a batch of the complete bumper & trim fitting kits for £27 each delivered, rather than the £40+ mark up being proffered by the other sellers on there. Nice to get those bits added to the ever growing "spares" collection incase I ever need them in the future :)

Edp

Looked at my 205 and then shut the garage.

Drove my 309 to devon and back and she didn't miss a beat. Brilliant car.

iPlod999

Took Anthony's freshly skimmed head, BBM oil and coolant pipes and new alloy lower pulley down to the garage.

Waiting for Betty to be rebuilt. Can't wait to get her back.

Ballyafb

Put one door back on after having the inside painted. found how much fun hanging doors is when the car was damaged and using a different door with the wrong hinge pins

Hheppy

I took mine out of storage and into a nice new garage at home and as a little treat I have bought a little heater for said garage too!

soon I will be able to live in there with my 205 mistress!!!

I will go and have another little look tonight and maybe annoy the neighbours by revving the engine just because I can!!

Happy days!!

stu8v

Bought some new wiper blades ready for my trackday. lol

• Like 1

TooMany2cvs

MOT!

Third time lucky... November's attempt saw a rear beam required, and this morning's first attempt revealed a rear brake shoe retaining pin had gone for a walk in the 20 miles between home and test station. <rolls eyes>