• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dale205mills

[Car_Overhaul] 205 Gti Front Panel Replacement And Underside Restore W

Alastairh

Aren't they different size threads Anthony, so that can't be possible if they were both 8v 205 sensors.

Anthony

They are for an alloy block XU, but they're the same size on an early iron block XU (eg Phase 1 306 S16/GTi-6/XSi)

welshpug

yeah, looks like an XU10 sender in the end not a switch.

dale205mills

I have got one off the old 8 valve thats wires and the other one was on the engine, the loom that i have brought is, well lets just say i wished i went to Miles as I dont no what is on it and what is not, I have fitted the other sensor in another point on the engine over near the gear box, so I will remove it and put it over with the one you have said about. Thank you very much for pointing this out.

dale205mills

Nice work, was it difficult removing and replacing the headlamp panels with the wings still in place?

If I did it again I will take wings off but the topaz is being built to drive and enjoy

dale205mills

Looks good - certainly a damned sight tidier than my Topaz!

I might be wrong as it's quite small on the picture, but haven't you got two oil pressure guage senders fitted, rather than a gauge sender and a warning light switch?

Thank you for the kind words, I payed £385 for car and it has got refurbed wheels and brand news tyres so that want cheap, it has been painted in the past and showing signs of poor prep work but wet and drying and g3 the car made it look good, I have got a set of red square seats to go in there. I no it is a bit of a shame fitting gti6 engine and other bits but it could be made original again with a bare shell raspray inside and out but it was cheap and I have got the silver one that is original.

Edited by dale205mills

dale205mills

Bit more of a update, I am looking at running gti6 brakes on the front as I have got two sets of fronts kicking about and standerd 1.9's on rear, on inspection of brakes they could do with a rebuild and as I am a bit of a dap hand with a paint gun, they got prepped and painted.

20150723_142631_zpslj2y1dxr.jpg

20150723_142622_zpswkblvesg.jpg

20150724_171213_zpstymibyxo.jpg20150724_171201_zps46u9kolq.jpg

dale205mills

Some more work today. I am looking at running my vacuum hose from master cylinder to pump on side of engine and by pass manifold and I am not happy with the rad and fan set up so looking at running slim line fans and loseing the original set up, I have made up a bracket for bonnet stay as the bolt on turret snapped.

20150725_201845_zpspang44eo.jpg

dale205mills

Bit of a update with more new parts and more work done over the last few weeks and today.

20151226_205804_zpsfthvppeb.jpg

20151226_205851_zps9j4njfim.jpg

20151226_205934_zpsbtod99k7.jpg#

dale205mills

Now the only problems I have got is I have brought one of those re po header tanks with one of the outlets missing, I no a few of us have brought them and I was wondering what have people over come this??? the other problem is what people use to blank off the over out let on the right side of the header as I dont need it with a gti6 engine, I am shore the 205 diesel I broke up had a bung on the header tank.

20151226_205837_zpsuxkbhc3x.jpg