• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyCrom

Heater Fan Overhaul

RossD

Did this inside an hour last weekend, great guide.

My strip down differed slightly from the guide in that I removed the motor and fan complete from the base housing and then seperated the fan from the motor.

Arwing

This is def on my to do list. My fan only runs on half. If i put it up to full it just cuts out. Thanks for the guide. Will give it a go next week.

AndyCrom

If your fan is only running on half speed then chances are that your resistior is faulty, mine was playing up also but i just removed it from its case and resoldered the pins to the board and all was good again due to a loose connection.

Before you give it a go just try first setting the fan to full speed and wiggle the connector on the resistor module which is just to the side of the fan motor just in case you have a similar issue.

Good luck either way

bondyshambles

Did this job today as mine was not giving out enough umph and it was making a noise when I turned right for some reason. It has made the world of difference. Getting the fan off the shaft was the most awkward bit. I would not have bothered to go down this route unless this thread was here due to my limited knowledge shall we say. An absolute top write up. Many thanks.