• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Juttie205

[Car_Restoration] Dimma Restoration

Juttie205

Could this not be delt with via private messages and not on my thread please.

Tom Fenton

As a site admin I'll deal with it where I deem appropriate. In this case it is in public here.

• Like 2

Telf

Well, it looks awesome- I am looking forward to getting mine off the road in about 18 months when my pension starts, has given me inspiration to spend a bit getting it right again!

Keep up the great work!

I'm not jealous! Much!

:D

• Like 1

Juttie205

Took care of a few smaller jobs today and was hoping to have engine started as I have had it cranking over and have good oil pressure and spark so it was all go only to find my fuel pump knackered and jammed so that put a stop to proceedings so just did a small walk around. I will have to give it a good detail soon as this is just the finish from bodyshop and allready has a good shine.

• Like 1

David1982

Justin cars looking amazing pal. Fair play.

deathbringer929

did you manage to get a bronze tint rear screen? ive never been able to source bronze tinted rear, only clear.

Juttie205

Only managed to get a clear rear but im.going to get the rear glass very lightly tinted.

David1982

Justin I can give you a number of a guy who can get bronze rear screen as I bought one for mine.

£70 if Iirc

Edited by David1982

Juttie205

thanks david but its in now and im tinting rear windows slightly so wouldn't make much difference to be honest.

johniban

Only one person with a problem here. I warned you some time ago about having digs at Mei. It seems he has enough self control to not do so. Persuade me why I should not suspend your account as I previously stated I would do on repeat of this?

As a site admin I'll deal with it where I deem appropriate. In this case it is in public here.

I don't really think its appropriate weather your site admin or not, if you have a problem with someone then just message them and sort it out?, no need to ruin the guys build thread and saying why you should suspend someone's account is just childish in my opinion,

• Like 1

johniban

Its coming along nicely Justin, i had the exact same problem when i was starting my car, it stated fine then the next time i couldn't get it to start without banging ontop of the pump, really annoying!

let me know if you find a decent pump as i would like to get a new one for mine :)

Tom Fenton

I don't really think its appropriate weather your site admin or not, if you have a problem with someone then just message them and sort it out?, no need to ruin the guys build thread and saying why you should suspend someone's account is just childish in my opinion,

1) I don't think it's your place to say.

2) Folk complain when nothing is seen to be done.

3) Folk complain when things are done behind closed doors and they cannot see what has happened.

4) Are you not disrupting the thread equally as much?

5) Farmer has repeatedly had a dig at Mei, so is it OK just to allow that to continue unchecked?

6) Is it not fair to give someone opportunity to explain themselves?

7) As a moderator you can't really win either way but we do our best to keep the peace.

• Like 6

Philpooma

As a relatively new member to this forum, I have just read this thread from start to finish and I have to say its absolutely top notch.

Great committment to detail and the result speaks for itself, well done and thanks for posting the journey for all to enjoy.

Juttie205

Finally got round to starting the car had a few issues like the tachmetric relay and fuel pump failed but fitted a new pump and bypassed the relay with help from this forum and turned the key and it fired straight up and ticked over at 900rpm so really happy.

Fould a few small leaks one was fuel and one was oil these have been sorted and all looking good will break out the haynes manual and go through setting up the throttle etc but cannot do anything with mixture so will have to go to garage for that.

The car has even moved under its own steam aswell allthough a little difficult to drive with no seats so sitting on a box with a couple of cushions is not ideal. So next on list is to finish all the small little jobs and tidy up some bits then seats in and off for mot then it maybe finished for time being.

Juttie205

Finally got the car running just needs a bit of a tune up took time to finish a few hobs off so really bow waiting for interior to come back then its mot time.

20160402_175903_zpszq7ge1vj.jpg

20160402_175915_zpsc87oowd8.jpg

20160402_175949_zpseyt6n5my.jpg

20160402_175922_zpsbmkjhzj2.jpg

20160402_175937_zpsr4hgo3hr.jpg

20160402_175931_zpswmngji3l.jpg

• Like 1

Alastairh

Looks lovely. Nice work.

allye

Top work Justin, I'm intrigued to see the interior back.

Will you drive often?

woodymi16

Outstanding mate

Slo

Looks bloody lovely apart from ya driving lights are wonky :lol: but at least the grill is straight, I hate to see them wonky

Juttie205

sadly thats how the lights sit in bumper and i cannot get them straight design of dimma bumper. I wont be using it much will just be a toy and as for the interior that should be back soon but it might be a bit marmite to some people i think.

Slo

Man that would irritate the piss out of me looks like its normally like that too

post-21076-0-20177600-1459708399_thumb.jpg

post-21076-0-55461000-1459708487_thumb.jpg

speno

post-20355-0-48013200-1459710243_thumb.jpg

Nice colour Justin just like mine ^^ You not doing your seats black and blue leather like mine too >?

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

Looks so awesome. The colour is lovely and really burts with the orange front indicators. Have you considered spraying the mirrors too? I think they would look really good since you don't have any other bare plastic along the sides like a standard GTI.