• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RalliArt

Titanium Valves

B11 BOB

Are't some ppl always say rr figures irrelevant ? If some one can do a better time with a Gti 6 then let's see it I say. And yes there are loads of variables , but ppl comment or slate so let's see Wat they can do ?

As for titanium valves I agree just get some steel upradted ones but Wat do I know ha ha

I agree with you Dave certain people if and when it suits slate anyone thats got decent rr figures and say it's not about headline rolling road figures.It's all about how the cars performance etc well in that case you got to give credit where credit is due Pug1off has the best time for a 205 Peugeot so far in a 1/4 mile 11.2 no supercharged or any other so called pug tuners has come anywhere near him so far.Regards naturally aspirated 205 his tuned engine has set the best time for that to.The facts speak for themself unless anyone can beat his time then don't slate him or his work so far no one has beaten his times.

Just my opinion on the matter don't want to get into a debate about it sorry in advance if I may have upset anyone with my comments

Regards titanium valves I would recommend steel ones a chap called Paul Ivy does them.

welshpug

Pug1off has the best time for a 205 Peugeot so far in a 1/4 mile 11.2 no supercharged or any other so called pug tuners has come anywhere near him so far.

Oh no they don't.

Matts205gti-6

That has an evo engine? Gti-6 turbo and n/a still the fastest Fact

welshpug

so?

Matts205gti-6

You said we are not the quickest When we are so there's nothing you can say to change that

welshpug

you said they have the quickest 205, plainly they don't.

GLPoomobile

This topic has gone from

Vague and possibly pointless

to

controversial

to

mildly interesting

back to

controversial

and is now

utterly pointless

Unless anything valuable is going to be added with regards to titanium vales, and why the OP was even asking the question in the first place, is there actually any value in this topic remaining open?

• Like 3

Matts205gti-6

Quickest gti-6 engine then .

Matts205gti-6

B11 BOB

Don't bother with him Matt some people just don't have anything better to do.Fact is you have a nice 205 which has done a very quick1/4 mile time you time speaks for itself you don't even need to respond to it.It's odd that people like to slate another person's car when their cars not as quick has the persons they slating but boys will be boys I guess and fast cars are big boys toys

Matts205gti-6

Thanks mate yeah just a bit annoying I gave to keep justifying myself but your right there's no need to

dav1

That evo engined 205 has drag slicks on. Pug1offs do there times on road legal tyres!

large

Have to say I agree with GLP on this. I also agree with Mel as I live up the road.

GLPoomobile

Holy s*it Large, where have you been all this time? :lol:

• Like 1

dcc

just thought i would point out - there is a 750+rwhp twin turbo supra engined 205. ",

it would be nice to see sandy & colins 205 do a lap of a track and compare it with one of these pug1off engined cars :)

touch.dailymotion.com/video/x5t1n0_la-205-dragster-a-moteur-supra-le-t_auto

• Like 2

SurGie

dcc link's not working.

SurGie

Having engine parts inc tappets in a special dimond type coating (DLC) its like a special ceramic coating that not only gives better lubrication but also reduces friction and gain more power with better fuel economy. Maserati's Gran Turismo car has this technology, maybe F1 cars have similar tech.

Cameron

DLC = Diamond-Like Carbon and is used on cams, followers, pistons, gear teeth and basically any surfaces that slide past each other under high pressure; I'm pretty sure it's also very very expensive!

Rippthrough

It's not terrible these days, but it's still pretty expensive compared to most PVD coatings, and most people won't even plump for those, so....

welshpug

traction and gearing is king, who needs a 2000cc 600 bhp when 1600+ 430 will get you 11.57 :D

Rob_Constella

That evo engined 205 has drag slicks on. Pug1offs do there times on road legal tyres!

Not to stir up a fuss but the ''road legal tyres'' Mickey Thompson ET street radials are infact not road legal in any EU regulated country, the United Kingdon is part of the EU therefore the tyres are not road legal in this country, neither do they have an ''E marking'' on the sidewall which all road legal tyres must carry.....

Any car not with a road legal setup should run in class ''X'' as the evo'd 205 does

Just saying like......

• Like 1

Matts205gti-6

That's is true you can't use them on the road but for the rules of drag racing et street radial Mickey thompson can be used in class a and b slicks can't would be interesting to see matts in slicks as well

Rob_Constella

That's is true you can't use them on the road but for the rules of drag racing et street radial Mickey thompson can be used in class a and b slicks can't would be interesting to see matts in slicks as well

Its a grey area regarding the tyres nobody official wants to give a definate answer, the tyre importers themselves dont want to loose the trade they have selling this particular tyre, but as it stands whether or not they are legal for track use these tyres are not ''E'' marked and therefore not legal for highway use lets say, nobody in there right mind would drive these on the highway and in the result of an accident insurance companys would run a mile and the police would be have to dish out 3 points a tyre.... Makes you wonder why they call in a ''road legal fwd class''

Sign in to follow this