• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
2anda1/4

405X4 Rear Suspension Height Sensor

2anda1/4

Hi All

I am in desperate need of a rear hydraulic suspension height sensor in good condition. These were fitted to all the 405 4x4's ( GLx4, GRx4, Mi16x4 and T16 ). I will pay any reasonable price asked for a working example. Can anyone help? They are no longer available from Peugeot and are unique to the above models so a Citroen one won't fit ( Dammit!! )

Also, I'm always looking for spares for the 4x4's if anyone has any to spare

Here's hoping

Kev

B1ack_Mi16

Have you tried opening up the existing one?

I'm wondering how complex this sensor really is. It seem to me that it really is a sensor with a dead spot in the middle. If it's in the dead spot, the system is not activated, i.e. it's at correct height.

If suspension is too high the sensor will give power to release valve to lower suspension, and if too low it will power the hydraulic pump.

So basicly it's just a simple switch. Althought I think there might be some "delay" functions in it, that might be a bit harder to deal with.

Maybe you can open the defect one and look for visual signs of what might be wrong?

The last (and not so good) option which I was considering for my T16 was just to have two push buttons in the front, to manually control the height.

2anda1/4

Yeah, I have a couple of faulty ones and I tried to open one but it is full of some sort of silicone all over the circuit board. It seems to be a system of, maybe, infra red beams and a blade which cuts through it. I don't really know but it's really difficult to open without destroying it. I know I can set the height permanently so that it won't compensate for load etc. but that just makes it a 'normal(ish)' suspension system.

B1ack_Mi16

Hm. ok.. maybe throw out the internals then, and try to get a new circuit board made up?

I suppose some students at a university might be able to help with this sort of stuff?

It would be nice to have a "backup" when mine also goes fubar.

petert

The alternative is to disconnect the dump valve so it's fixed at a set height. I know it's not ideal, but it gets you out of trouble

ade 4wd

I have a spare one in good working order. PM sent.

B1ack_Mi16

The alternative is to disconnect the dump valve so it's fixed at a set height. I know it's not ideal, but it gets you out of trouble

Yes, but that will be more or less the same as having manual controls on it. As sometimes you need to adjust it anyways. But maybe that can be done through the button in the boot even if the height sensor is not connected...

imaS

You can wire window lifter switch for manual height adjustment. My previous 4bie had that kind of arrangement near handbrake. Although that was not very useful, so I ditched it after one month...

Sign in to follow this