• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ben25

Colin Satchell Gearlever Kit - "satchshift"

welshpug

Durrr, look at the pics above.

• Like 1

harryskid

I shall see a real one fitted next week end so i'll leave you lads to it! :D

Batfink

Also the picture of the kit you have from kamracing is of the 106 kit, the 205 kit looks slightly different. After looking on the website it appears they just use the same picture for both

already gone over that too :D... We got them on sale before we had pictures from Colin, and we have not had a chance to get them in the studio for a proper photoshoot. There are also pictures of the one Colin fitted to the yellow 205 if people click through to the product describtion,

205Rallee

Sorry if this is a stupid question and I have tried to find the answer elsewhere, but is it possible for them to make a mix and match kit that will fit a TU engined/MA box 205?

• Like 1

MattCoggins

Hope so!

Batfink

sod a mix and match kit. Colin will probably already be planning a TU version at some point!

welshpug

soooo, anyone tried one in a 205 with the original Headunit still in place?

mollisk

I've had a change now to use this kit in my car an dhave found it to be very good. The only worry that I had was that the "action" might be a bit quick and so beat the gear box synchros, but irs been fine. I would certainly recommend the kit on its engineering and quality.

aarontrophy

I have one for my 205 :):) do I have to loose the radio :( ??? I'm going to e fitting next week well keep you all informed.

qwerty

There's also a good in car video of this in use on sandys project thread, looks really nice to use

JasonGTI6

Hi guys... Sorry if its already been addressed but will this be ok with the be3/6 box?

I dont mind about cutting away at stuff.

Cheers guys!

welshpug

Yup, though you'd need to do something for the reverse stop cable.

• Like 1

JasonGTI6

Ok cheer mate!! Ill just mount the canle somewhere else and just use two hands to get it into reverse

p1234

I fitted mine yesterday, having trouble finding first, seems to be catching on one of the bars, I reckon it just needs adjusting as I didn't spend long looking at the problem due to having to head out.

Very impressed with the how it's put together, looked a bit daunting when I first opened it up, no instructions but it comes 90% assembled and all falls into place. Allow a few hours to fit, I did mine on axel stands and could have done with another pair of hands as your up and down like a yoyo.

No issues with a gti6 engine, ive no dash or heater so can't answer any other questions asked.

Ive taken a few photos while putting it together so ill do a thread if it will come in handy for anyone.

p1234

Little issue getting first all sorted with a small adjustment to one of the gear rods.

Cracking bit of kit.

GilesW

I've had a change now to use this kit in my car an dhave found it to be very good. The only worry that I had was that the "action" might be a bit quick and so beat the gear box synchros, but irs been fine. I would certainly recommend the kit on its engineering and quality.

Was reading this thread and saw this.

Very valid point.

I had a short shift on my TB'd Vaux XE engine.

Quaife straight cut gearset, LSD etc and 8,500 rpm.

The ADAC gave it a lift home from the 'ring after 4 days of giving it grief as the synchros couldn't keep up and jammed.

alexcrosse

Probabaly more down to the 8500rpm... high revs always bugger the syncros on those vaux F13/15 boxes. And the 20's.

GilesW

Agreed.

The revs would certainly have been the deciding factor.

Sandy

You can feel the synchro operation in alot more detail with Colin's linkages and if you have mechanical sympathy, that enables you to look after the box better IMO, than the vagueness of the standard linkages, even in "uprated" form. If you simply slam home the gears without sympathy, then you are likely to damage it. Some of our customers seem to get through umpteen gearboxes while others make them last in the same use and it's usually the fault of everything but the driver!

• Like 1

parry

I was out in practice for the first time on Monday and iwth the Satchshift I had problems finding 3rd easily when pushing hard. The was no cruch just would no go into 3rd. Not sure if it is adjustment or I am not allowing enough time for the synchros to engage. Any thoughts.

welshpug

running std synchros and std pug 75w80 BV oil?

parry

Standard Snchros with Joe Gibbs Racing Synth gearbox oil...75/85

rallyeash

No problems with my one.

Tried adjusting it out?