• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ben25

Colin Satchell Gearlever Kit - "satchshift"

ben25

I just want to start a topic about the Satchshift gear likage kit that I've seen on Kamracing.

I want to know if someone can give me his experience with this. The fitting, the real upgrade that it produce, recomandation of not ? etc.

Fitment is ok on a BE3 gearbox ?

I've seen lots of topic on 106/Saxo but here for 205 not realy interesting experience.. Someone have bough but not fitted yet.

So can someone give me is opinion with experience ?

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/peugeot/peugeot-205/transmission/gear-linkages/satchell-engineering-gearlever-kit-se003.html

gear1c.png

gear2g.png

gear3h.png

new205005.jpg

marksorrento205

I have tried one out on Mike Nash's 106 Rallye and it felt very short and positve. Perfect position for the gear knob too :)

Baz

I'm surprised it's not fully Rose-jointed, but i guess that's to ease DIY-application.

harryskid

I have been thinking of this conversion and still lookig at it. Can you explain the first picture with just the one rod through the bulk head, which i thought was the set up but in the other picture theres two rods. I have worked out the first one with only one rod will allow the heater motor to remain but will it be clear of the exchaust down pipe? The one with two rods would not allow the heater motor to be fitted as standard. :huh:

matt.f

Couple of mates have these on there 106's,will ask them.

ben25

I can't explain the difference between pics... the 3 first was foound on kamracing, The other pic come from google image.

welshpug

Top pic is 106 kit, will fit in std car with minor mods, i dont know if colin has done a road kit for a 205 yet, the ones i have seen were sprint race or hillclimb cars without heaters.

Baz

The other one with the rods inside is just mounted higher, inside the car, i reckon!

welshpug

Yup, makes fitting long exhaust manifolds in under the car and decent sized middle silencers a lot easier i'd imagine, the length of a decent maniflod is significantly longer than the off the shelf ones.

Batfink

The first image is the 106 one. We had to use a generic image originally as we've not done a photoshoot of the 205 parts before they went on sale.

The other two images are from fitting to a 205 and are correct for the product :D

Last image is when colin used to make them bespoke and ran both rods in the car.

We've sold a fair few to race teams and got good feedback so far. Much slicker gear selection.

welshpug

Will they fit under the heater kev?

MiniGibbo

Not driven a car with one fitted but everyone I've spoken to who has said they're f***ing epic..

chipstick

Had a wiggle of one today in Colin's car and it's in a great position :)

ben25

Does this system is also a quikshift or is it simply an higher position of the gearstick and a better precision ?

harryskid

Will it fit under the heater anyone ?

Batfink

As far as I know it will. Someone on this forum had one fitted - Rallyeash?

clen666

Think he purchased one but not fitted yet?

Cameron

What's the point? If you're keeping the heater then you aren't building a serious race car and so you don't need this. If you're building a serious race car be a man and ditch the heater - problem solved! Otherwise, just keep the standard shift mechanism and as long as you don't beast through the gearchanges like an ape you'll have no problems at all. :P

harryskid

What's the point? If you're keeping the heater then you aren't building a serious race car and so you don't need this. If you're building a serious race car be a man and ditch the heater - problem solved! Otherwise, just keep the standard shift mechanism and as long as you don't beast through the gearchanges like an ape you'll have no problems at all. :P

On rally cars misted up windscreens are not wanted hence the heater!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cameron

It's called a heated windscreen. :P

welshpug

It's called a heated windscreen. :P

That doesn't warm up the rest of the car!

p1234

Heated seat than :D

Ill be ordering one of these soon.

Baz

Heated screens do next to FA when you have a condensated screen sitting on the start line with the lights just about to go out...

• Like 1

Batfink

Its a bit late by then

harryskid

I have competed in quite a few rallys over the years in all sorts of conditions including ice and snow, i know what screen heater is required!