• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Plip Keys

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

my Mi16 has sat idle for the past 2 years. I put a new battery in and discovered the plip for the alarm/central locking isn't working. If I hold it up close to the receiver it worked once or twice then stopped again. I've stripped the plip apart, made sure there is no corrosion, and put new batteries in it. Made no difference. The red led lights up ok when the button is pressed.

Strange thing is that it worked fine when the car was laid up 2 years ago.

If anyone has any ideas about these plips, please let me know

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to say its a 1992 phase 1 with a single button plip

Edited by ryan1396

MiCRO
Hi folks,

my Mi16 has sat idle for the past 2 years. I put a new battery in and discovered the plip for the alarm/central locking isn't working. If I hold it up close to the receiver it worked once or twice then stopped again. I've stripped the plip apart, made sure there is no corrosion, and put new batteries in it. Made no difference. The red led lights up ok when the button is pressed.

Strange thing is that it worked fine when the car was laid up 2 years ago.

If anyone has any ideas about these plips, please let me know

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to say its a 1992 phase 1 with a single button plip

check if the infrared bulb is working, that was the problem with mine, they aren't expensive.

ryan13961345402285

Cheers just checked it and it's fine. Going to pull the receiver from the roof now and see if there's anything amiss

ryan13961345402285

Ok for anyone interested. Pin number 7 that goes into the multiplug from the circuit board on the receiver had corroded and broken off. Making contact some of the time via the corrosion that was in there, hence the fact it was working the very odd time. I removed the broken pin, made a new section out of a piece of stiff wire and soldered it back onto the pin protruding from the circuit board and back out through the socket the mutlipug goes into.

Working 100% now

welshpug

did it affect the normal operation via key in the door?

ryan13961345402285

Nope everything is working as it should be now thankfully.

Baz

Hmm, this may be the problem with my 205 one as iirc they're the same, thanks for the info, i'll check it!

Edited by BazGTMi

Sign in to follow this