• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris adams

Brembo Caliper Fitments

chris adams

could do with a quick response here. do the brembos fit onto anyother pug model as a direct replacement ie the gti-6 ? i was under the impression they had to have adapter plates made up for them to fit the 306 and other variants, not including 405.

B1ack_Mi16
could do with a quick response here. do the brembos fit onto anyother pug model as a direct replacement ie the gti-6 ? i was under the impression they had to have adapter plates made up for them to fit the 306 and other variants, not including 405.

They do indeed fit both 205/309/306 without any kind of adapter plates.

But the offset is slightly different, and the radial position of the mounting lugs are different, so you need slightly lower diameter discs with different offset when using them on the 205/309/306.

Miles

Use a 406 V6 disc's or what might fit but I;ve not tried yet is the 307 HDI disc as it's quite thick

petert1345402284

Brembos fit perfectly on 205/306 hubs with 206 GTi180/307 283mm discs. Ideally the discs could be a tad thicker, but the pads do centre perfectly. Either watch the pad thickness or fit shims. However, finding a wheel to fit over them is another issue.

chris adams

thanks for the info fella. my mi is running 16s. not sure of the offset tho. i took them off my 306 cab as the rears slighty touched the inner arch so will there be much interfearence with the caliper or will the fit be fine and dandy?

Edited by mi8 turbo

chris adams

is there any other brembo calipers that can be used from different cars or do the fitments vary ?

petert1345402284
thanks for the info fella.

no probs bro, although for 405 you need 406 Coupe rotors.

chris adams

yea was reading alexs thread and im going to go with the 406 hubs n stuff as they are hollow cast, yes ?

B1ack_Mi16
yea was reading alexs thread and im going to go with the 406 hubs n stuff as they are hollow cast, yes ?

Will work but need later type wishbones with the larger hole for the balljoint.

What is interesting is that the 307 balljoints fit the later type wishbone perfectly, so maybe one can use 307 uprights and hubs without any issues?

chris adams

there is a milling tool that you can buy to correct this it just fits into your standard drill. they used it on A CAR IS BORN when they built the ac cobra kit car. u just just have to keep an eye on how much you mill out at one time keep checking as much as possible.

B1ack_Mi16

Ok, let me know if you find someone selling this tool online.

chris adams

no problem im off to do some eronds 2moz so ill pop into my local tool shop to get a price and a name for it . :P

John

Isnt the later 405 using same hub as the 406?

You at least got a cast and a hollow type for the 405.

B1ack_Mi16
Isnt the later 405 using same hub as the 406?

You at least got a cast and a hollow type for the 405.

Yes it is, both are cast though, and I don't think the 406 one is much of an improvement weight wise really.

Best thing is probably that it uses the 406 ball-joint which is larger and won't wear as quick which sometimes is a problem on the 405.

chris adams

sweet thanks for the info .

Sign in to follow this