• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DougieSt

4bie Rear Suspension Part Numbers

DougieSt

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you all, but I'm having trouble finding the part number of the mounts for the rear suspension of my 4bie...

Mine are completely shot. The mechanic I took it to said the whole suspension more or less unconnected to the body of the car. Sounded a bit dramatic, but he's a reputable Peugeot guy and I trust what he says. He also said that Peugeot no longer stock the mounts, is there an alternative part I can use?

I wish I had my shed back at home, this would be a sinch to sort!

Thanks for any help guys.

cammmy

PM me your email address. I ahve the 4bie workshop supplement in Google docs that I can share with you.

DougieSt

Well I'll reply to myself in case someone later down the line has a similar issue to me.

After looking around for hours and some help from AlexN, it turned out that the rear subframe mounts are very similar to those used on the Citroen Berlingo. Found this out by chance while scrolling through pages of Citroen/Pug mounts. Part Number: RP5262, OEM Ref.: 5152.62.

The 4bie now has new rear brake calipers, new rear sphere and LHM oil, all new bushes for the rear suspension and all the rust cut out and welded up. Good result considering I nearly scrapped her a month ago...

B1ack_Mi16

Do you mean the rear mounts for the rear subframe or the front ones?

I've not tried to get my hands on the front ones yet, but ideally I would like to change those also.

The rear ones are just the same as the normal 405 FWD ones so should be easy to get from wherever on eBay also.

imaS
The rear ones are just the same as the normal 405 FWD ones so should be easy to get from wherever on eBay also.

They may be interchangeable, but not same parts. Different partnumber. French company Sasic sells those 4wd rear mounts, if they are not available from Peugeot or Citroen.

The front bushings can be sourced from any 2wd Citroen BX. Just buy two bushing assemblies (left or right) and use only the new rubber bushing. Housings are a bit different, picture.

B1ack_Mi16

Never had thought they wasn't the same.

Strange, but I'll see if they fit properly or not when I try to mount the rear subframe on the T16.

Good tip about the front bushings :)

They may be interchangeable, but not same parts. Different partnumber. French company Sasic sells those 4wd rear mounts, if they are not available from Peugeot or Citroen.

The front bushings can be sourced from any 2wd Citroen BX. Just buy two bushing assemblies (left or right) and use only the new rubber bushing. Housings are a bit different, picture.

Sign in to follow this