• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Group N/a Gear Linkages

cammmy

Hey Guys

Had a look at a friends 205 today which has Grp N gear linkages on them. I'm thinking of getting a set as they look very durable and feel awesome.

Had a search on Google and found these:

http://www.constella.co.uk/index.php?page=...1&Itemid=28

However these are also available from the same site:

Are the Grp A linkages going to be better parts?

chris adams
Hey Guys

Had a look at a friends 205 today which has Grp N gear linkages on them. I'm thinking of getting a set as they look very durable and feel awesome.

speak to miles he does them im saving for a set of group n myself.

Edited by mi8 turbo

cammmy

^Epic! Will do.

chris adams
^Epic! Will do.

i think he works for pugracing.com so email him there you will get a quicker response.

imaS

You can make those linkages easily (and cheaper) by yourself. Just buy threaded bar and a few standard ball joints.

chris adams
You can make those linkages easily (and cheaper) by yourself. Just buy threaded bar and a few standard ball joints.

if you are refering to the group A ones then yes its possible to do but im reffering to the group N which have loocking caps for added secrity and piece of mind

chris adams
Hey Guys

with the ggroup A linkages they give you a little more scope for adjustabilty and fine tuning. and of course with it being a direct fit a little more vibration.

cammmy

^I believe they also wear better and reduce play even more.

chris adams
^I believe they also wear better and reduce play even more.

yep sounds good enough to me that B)

Jer309GTi

I had a set of Miles' gear linkages on my 405 Mi16 (the first set he made actually!), and can vouch for the quality of them, nicely made :)

cammmy

Have a local guy who can make my standard linkages into rose jointed ones for a good price (he's done this on his 309 Mi race car). At the moment i'll go with that as it will work out to about a third of the price after shipping and tax from the UK.

DRTDVL1345402287

Cam - more info please!

chris adams
I had a set of Miles' gear linkages on my 405 Mi16 (the first set he made actually!), and can vouch for the quality of them, nicely made :)

group A or group B?

rodionski

It is important to bear in mind that Grp A linkages (rose jointed) will NOT fit to stock system as they will require modifications to all parts of the gear shifter system.

Grp N linkages will fit, PROVIDED that you have the corresponding ball joint on the gearbox plate - there were two basic systems, one with ball joints all round, another one with ONE stub with a locking groove instead of the ball joint. many gearboxes will have that setup (mine included), and I can't fit all three rods without changing the stub to the ball joint.

chris adams
It is important to bear in mind that Grp A linkages (rose jointed) will NOT fit to stock system as they will require modifications to all parts of the gear shifter system.

Grp N linkages will fit, PROVIDED that you have the corresponding ball joint on the gearbox plate - there were two basic systems, one with ball joints all round, another one with ONE stub with a locking groove instead of the ball joint. many gearboxes will have that setup (mine included), and I can't fit all three rods without changing the stub to the ball joint.

i have both types of setup but opted for the three ball joint arrangement.

cammmy

I'm going to modify everything to suit the rose jointed linkages

chris adams
I'm going to modify everything to suit the rose jointed linkages

are you going to fabricate your own?

Miles

Nice little thread,

I always try and avoid this Group N and A stuff, the parts are made to replace or upgrade from standard items and can be used in anything, Most rose joints can be used in anyform of motorsport now so it's all old hat really.

There have always been pro's and cons of different types etc but after using alloy I switched back to steel as it's stronger and the ball joints are made from this anyway so stops and interaction between the 2 metals like they do and corrode.

With the rose joints over the ball joints really there is nothing in it in terms of play and being adjustable, Just rose joints can vary allot in quality and price with being a pain to fit as everything needs to be changed,

It worth noting too that some 405's didn;t use ball joint joints

cammmy

^Did the early 405's come with BE1's?

I have a guy on the French car forum in NZ who makes them Mi8

KRISKARRERA

Yes but initially even when the phase 1 405s went to BE3 the 2 shorter gear rods still didn't have ball joints on one end. Instead it was rubber bushes.

Sign in to follow this