• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

BERTMAN

[Car_Upgrade] 205 Diesel

stevietuck

Cheers welshpug , I got all the gti stuff a few weeks ago off a breaker and have been slowly cleaning it all up and painting ready to go on , but read somewhere about a guy putting the gti stuf on an xs and he needed to move the gear linkage on the subframe. I thought I would be ok with both the gti and the diesel being xu engines but thought id ask to make sure.

Weser

You will need to weld the brackets that support the front brake hoses, onto the wheel arches. Well I did when I ran the gti setup on my diesel. They hold the hoses out of the way of the drop links.

jackherer

As above, I had to move the brake hose brackets when I fitted a GTI subframe to a CTI but apparently they don't all require that.

stevietuck

Thanks for the advise guys, I have gti struts and brakes too so should all go together ok.

BERTMAN

Echoing above comments - i riveted the brackets in a different location...

BERTMAN

Well, I haven't updated in a while... been ridiculously busy up until recently.

I got the car running, but couldn't get it to run 100% and it smoked like a good-un (timing related I think). I also was never overly happy about the top mounted intercooler situation either in truth; so in my usual fashion: change of plan :o.

20151122_155651_zpsxc60jeqm.jpg

Ripped the old lump out, and got the angle grinder out in preparation for some surgery.

20151107_122307_zpsetqntdmh.jpg

20151213_161302_zpsasl017ud.jpg

Minor bit of chopping to the front panel and the intercooler fits nicely behind the bumper. I want this to be as subtle as possible so barely visible from the outside.

Small bracket to locate the intercooler against the front panel at the bottom, with it leaning slightly forward and mounted into the bumper itself and tie bar to support it to the slam panel. I think it looks reasonably neat.

Main issue with having this massive intercooler is that its taken most of the space for the radiator cowlling. So its been binned.

I made a bracket for the radiator and mounted it lower and further back than standard:

20151212_173537_zps86hobtss.jpg

BERTMAN

and then fitted some fans directly to the radiator instead: all wired through the cars OE relay system.

20151213_152000_zpsemuixh9p.jpg​

Engine... put to one side, and threw in another one... d8a, slightly tweaked VE pump, reconditioned cylinder head 1500 miles ago along with headgasket and water pump. I swapped over everything I tinkered with from the old engine onto this one. I have gone with the Citroen Xantia inlet this time:

20151129_130841_zps3jhitgmi.jpg

General intercooler routing goes like so now: Managed to just sqeeze a standard 306D Turbo intake piping in over the top although its a very tight fit to shut the bonnet now. So the auto bonnet may go on.

20151129_130824_zpszu3lfjfy.jpg

20151213_161255_zpsnsx3f6bh.jpg

I need to tap into the intercooler piping somewhere next for the boost gauge and VE pump, and then the big start (again).

Edited by BERTMAN

BERTMAN

took it for its first spin today! Then recorded my sister driving off in it too (private land)... and returning a little sheepish! Think she scared herself! haha.

Certainly goes well, needs a little tweaking but getting there now :).

Started first time without hesitation after I hard wired the bosch pump directly to the battery. It won't work through the switched live and a relay at the minute... so thats next on the list!

http://vid77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/bertman_2006/2_001_zpsyds6p5sz.mp4

http://vid77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/bertman_2006/20151220_130054_001_zpscdpqfndf.mp4

BERTMAN

Few more pics:

20151224_153917_zps1yqt5kfh.jpg

20151224_153927_zpsltz87rxr.jpg

20151224_153941_zpshwaegntg.jpg

Spec stands so far:

- D8A removed from a phase 1 306 - reconditioned cylinder head

- Slightly modified bosch pump

- KKK K14 turbo

- front mounted intercooler

- 306 HDi gearbox

- B4 Billies all-round and SB springs on the front

- GTi front subframe/wishbones/ARB

- OE ARB bushes

- SB top mounts

- 1900GTi rear axle - lowered ~40mm

- Group A mounts

- 1.9GTi brakes all round with standard discs & pads

- 205 GTX interior

Paul_13

Get a bigger turbo on it!

BERTMAN

Haven't really got the thing out of second gear yet, but box feels nice enough so far. Spins happily in second! I'm hoping the ratios will make it a little more civil than it used to be on a long journey though

BERTMAN

New exhaust fitted, MOT booked in for Monday!

20160115_161824_zpspjpahzat.jpg

20160115_161838_zpsnz0wp5fo.jpg

Left the car outside in the rain for a week and the interiors still dry!! Biggest success of the whole project :D!

Another new windscreen is going in tomorrow as well, hopefully this one will last longer than 30mins.

Interior is pretty much back together, plumbed a boost gauge in and mounted it where the clock used to go... its far too bright though. So going to have to run it through a dimmer switch separately to the dash system. All of the GTX donor car parts are in as well, and the electric window wiring almost done too!

20160110_144517_zpsjqdmpa4s.jpg

The eventual plan is to find some Dturbo clocks and use them instead. But it looks OK for now.