• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

[car_restoration] Cti Restoration

dcc

Now Then!

Those door speakers, what dimensions are they? and whats their 'power figures'?

I am after a set of door speakers for my 205, and I have no idea what the measures ments are for the standard ones, not do I know much about speakers in general.

• Like 1

ALEX

Now Then!

Those door speakers, what dimensions are they? and whats their 'power figures'?

I am after a set of door speakers for my 205, and I have no idea what the measures ments are for the standard ones, not do I know much about speakers in general.

Alpine SPE-1325 13cm about £25 for a pair. You can use the same for the rears in a GTI.

I need smaller 10cm ones to fit in the rear doorcards for the CTI but it looks like they don't do the grills for them anymore though.

I could go for 6X9's on the parcel shelf, but I think these look a bit chav.

Slo

Don't know who deleted my post with this diagram for the hood motor or why but here it is again Alex :)

IMG_20120321_215956_zpsc8dc13bc.jpg

• Like 1

ALEX

Cheers SLO

Saw this after I sent the PM BTW.

Whats the thermal cut out though?

Slo

Just an overload cut out to protect the pump motor from overheating it will function fine without it

ALEX

What did you connect the 12V feed to for the pump?

Is there a specific unused connection on the fuse board for it? Or does it have a direct feed to the bat with an inline fuse? (15A or 20A ?)

Slo

Mine's bodged but I would reccomend a direct connection to the battery for the relay 12V feed with a decent thickness cable not sure on the fuse mine hasnt got one lol. For the switch feed i just connected it to bottom left connecter in the fuse box looking down at it when dropped open, middle pin.

I used the blue and white wire that goes to the rear of the car that was already among the loom in my car as they werent connected to anything but the pump is painfully slow and i suspect its partly down to wear and tear/age and partly down to wiring being too thin to be able to supply the needed current.

ALEX

Mine's bodged but I would reccomend a direct connection to the battery for the relay 12V feed with a decent thickness cable not sure on the fuse mine hasnt got one lol. For the switch feed i just connected it to bottom left connecter in the fuse box looking down at it when dropped open, middle pin.

I used the blue and white wire that goes to the rear of the car that was already among the loom in my car as they werent connected to anything but the pump is painfully slow and i suspect its partly down to wear and tear/age and partly down to wiring being too thin to be able to supply the needed current.

There's a thick 12v wire going to the rear for the rear window demister that's not required on the CTi.

I could use that, think that's a 20A fused circuit.

Edited by ALEX

ALEX

Right had a look at what spare wires i have at the rear:-

Blue wire 16A is for the boot light, very thick wire for what it powers. This is permanent live and uses the same 15A fuse for the clock radio and cig lighter. I'm Thinking this might be the most ideal for the Hydraulic pump, but would 15A be enough?

Brown 28R wire (with earth to a 2 pin plug) would be for a wiper and wash pump (not on the CTi) (I havn't followed the wire to the fuse board yet). but they are too thin anyway.

Mystery Pink wire 63? no idea, not in Haynes, but gose to connector G on the fuseboard (A bit of searching says it's for tail light feed, not sure why as they are already connected, different model maybe?) anyway the wire is too thin for a pump.

White wire 107 for rear window heater (hick wire as 16A) but goes to a relay, not sure which but a possible feed for the pump.

Or I could just run a new wire straight to the battery and buy an inline fuse.

Edited by ALEX

ALEX

Manual roof rear quarter window with electric roof frame:-

post-2783-0-00130700-1377807595_thumb.jpg

Electric roof rear quarter window with electric roof frame:-

post-2783-0-09512800-1377807605_thumb.jpg

Guess I can knock these off my wanted list now:-

post-2783-0-43497400-1377807612_thumb.jpg

They dont have the returned fold along the top edge, but I don't think it will matter too much.

Edited by ALEX
  • Like 1

minimaniacwhyard

how have i missed this this thread!! this is amazing!! considered myself subscribed. used to have a white cti that i thought was in very good nick. but this makes my old one look like a dog! will be watching with intrest

ALEX

Made some progress since but I'm limited with space in the garage and it's done nothing but rain since.

Though I am stuck and I could do with a little advice :-

Not that important, but I'd like them to go back as they were from the factory.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=153516&hl=

Heres all the fixings I have ( I might be missing some as I think a black cap is missing (Item 7))

post-2783-0-85464800-1383593323_thumb.jpg

This Is as far as I've got which Is a guess. The item 2 (long bolts) represent the drivers and passanger seatbelt fixings. I could have these mixed up aswell.

post-2783-0-23846600-1383593335_thumb.jpg

Same as above different angle.

post-2783-0-98733900-1383593348_thumb.jpg

This is what I have left over, I cant figure out where they go.

post-2783-0-54707300-1383593359_thumb.jpg

The parts catalogue is rubbish in identifying small items like these.

Slo

Item 6, 2 on each rear seat belt bolt to save crushing the door card

Item 7 can go on numerous bolts heads to disguise it

Edited by Slo

ALEX

Item 6, 2 on each rear seat belt bolt to save crushing the door card

Item 7 can go on numerous bolts heads to disguise it

So the longer bolts are for the rear, thanks.

I've fitted them last night and I think it's right.

For the rear two lap belts 7,2,5,5,8,6

For the front two belts I used 7,3,4

For the drivers side rear catch and middle lap belt I used 1,9,10,11

(small spacer between the middle lap belt and catch, the washer and spring washer gave the same thread length as a long spacer (Item 6)

For the passenger rear catch and middle catch 1,6.

Hope this helps anyone in the future, unless I've got it wrong of course :unsure:

edit missed item 7 (I think I'm missing one- should be 4)

Edited by ALEX

Slo

no i meant item 6 there's 2 on each side to space out the seat belt buckle from the door card so it doesn't crush it inwards

ALEX

Damn thought I had it right, but I've fitted an item 6 for the rear lap belt? 7,2,5,5,8,6. It's a bit cryptic, but this is hard to explain.

The two different lengths of bolts with the shoulder, these are obviousley for the belts and the full threaded ones are for the clasps and the middle lap belt.

But does the short ones go in the B pillar for the drivers and front passanger seatbelts like I have fitted them or do they go in the rear?

Also the larger black spacers item 8 (Thin) and item 4 (Thick) which goes where?

edit: just read your post again 2 ahh you mean two! not item 2!

Still i think it looks better with the short bolts at the front, but I'd still like it right.

Edited by ALEX

Jesper L

Bloody H*** this is an amzing restoration!!! ;) Im soooo jealous. Just bought a CTI 1.9 myself I will start restoring soon...excellent job there mate!! And that engine...jeez its cleaner than my best suit :D

DC2T

Just had a look through this, very nice indeed

timoth123

Would love to see an update on his. Bloody lovely!!

Weser

Yer me too. Must be due an update!

ALEX

Been bloody busy!

Wife's pregnant, so had to convert the loft to free up the spare room.

Genuine Slingsby loft ladder that is! Had to do a bit of restoration on it. ;)

Small update on the cab though.

post-2783-0-74037700-1396894316_thumb.jpg

post-2783-0-75798900-1396894325_thumb.jpg

Slo

About bloomin time n all mister :lol: Did you have to cut out the area for the pump or was it already provided?

Mines a phase 1 and I doubt the power hood had been thought of in 1987

Interesting bracket you got there on the bottom of the roof rams is it fixed to the inner arch or just the rear quarter inner skin?

If its just bolted to the inner skin I would of thought it would flex quite a lot when heaving the heavy roof up

Edited by Slo

ALEX

Had to make the hole bigger for the pump, bought some edging to neaten it up. The brackets shown are the old ones as it was a bit of trail and error to get the covers to fit perfectly. The inner wall is double thickness at that point and doesnt flex when the rams are working. I've done a bit more but just haven't got photos yet. Need to finish it off outside for room for the hood but it keeps rainig.

edit. Note the modified rear gti seat though. Chamfered corners like original cti ones.

Edited by ALEX

Slo

yeah what you do sew em up? I just folded mine in as im not arsed about that atm got far too much bloody 205 niggles other stuff to mess about with

• Like 1

Weser

Been bloody busy!

Wife's pregnant, so had to convert the loft to free up the spare room.

Congratulations - I know what its like. Spare time will become a premium now :lol:

Good to see an update. looks like the electric roof fitment is coming along nicely!

• Like 1